CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global technology and HPC leader that provides data, products, services and solutions in Earth science, data science, sensing and monitoring. Our unique portfolio supports our clients in efficiently and responsibly solving complex digital, energy transition, natural resource, environmental, and infrastructure challenges for a more sustainable future.
We are looking for talented individuals with fresh perspectives and a deep curiosity to solve challenges to join our team!
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you’ll play a vital role in the continual development of our processing and imaging techniques. You will work closely with researchers, the software development group and the scientists in our seismic imaging teams to implement deep learning solutions.
You will be working with our Geoscientists to validate the potential opportunities for machine learning techniques, prepare data for training and testing, designing the model, training the model and deploying in production.
The ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic attitude towards learning, and the flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction.
At CGG, you’ll be surrounded by open and collaborative problem-solvers, eager to work together in meeting the challenges of a changing planet. Being one of us means that your individual contribution will make an impact in a diverse team committed to performance.
As an integral member of our imaging team, we highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generation of new concepts, to maintain our outstanding leadership position for technology and service delivery in the marketplace.
Successful candidates will join our largest European centre, based in Crawley, a town next to London Gatwick Airport and just outside the M25 with excellent transport links to Central London and the South Coast. #LI-Hybrid
Our aim is to inform every candidate of the result of their initial application within a week of applying and if successful invite them to the next stage which is a technical test and a first interview via MS Teams with a team. Successful candidates will be invited for a final interview with the hiring team, via MS Teams.
Please include a cover letter with your application. Note we do not accept re-applications.
You are likely to be working towards a PHD degree or have completed an MSc in any of the following disciplines but a combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar.
Key Skills & Competencies
- A passion and aptitude for programming, technology and enthusiasm for analytical and problem-solving challenges
- Strong experience in developing and debugging in Python and preferably at least one of other main languages (C/C++/ java)
- Proven experience with deep learning frameworks and usage of DL libraries (TensorFlow/Pytorch)
- Proficiency to design, build, test and support innovative solutions
- The ability to define and manage project deadlines
- The ability to balance workloads across a wide variety of projects
- To keep all stakeholders regularly informed on progress
- To innovate and have fun through collaboration and generation of ideas which lead to enhancements of our workflows
- An enthusiastic attitude towards learning and flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction
Our Hub, webinar and people profiles on Gradcracker should give you an insight into the working environment at CGG, the projects we work on and some application tips! LinkedIn and the CGG Career pages are also good places to investigate how life at CGG is.
Why work at CGG?
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Initial 22 days annual leave with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company pension with generous employer contribution
- Wellbeing Unmind app – puts you in control of your mental health
- A flexible benefits platform with numerous discount schemes - gym membership, restaurants, cinema tickets, and much more!
- Regular social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programmes
- Sponsorship of visas/comprehensive relocation packages
We are Flexible
- Flexible Working – through our hybrid working scheme, we offer a flexible blend of home and office working
- Bank Holiday Swap - our holiday swap program allows you to change it for another day of your choice!
- Relaxed dress code policy
Learning and Development
At CGG, you will have the space to grow at the pace of your passion and explore the opportunities available to those who dare and deliver.
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs our employees to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own Learning Hub.
We Care about the Environment
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.
We see things differently. Diversity fuels our innovation, we value the unique ways in which we differ, and we are committed to equal employment opportunities for all professionals.