There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
Engineers at T. Rowe Price are playing a key role in helping build the future of financial services, working hand-in-hand with business partners to create client experiences that are changing the way people invest. We want technologists with a fresh perspective who are passionate about solving complex business, data and technical challenges. You will work with smart, talented people across our business to create groundbreaking, next-generation applications for n-tier cloud architectures. You’ll be involved, hands-on, through the entire development cycle. And you’ll redefine the way our traders, portfolio managers and analysts serve our clients.
We will expect you to be agile / to lead / to think outside the box. In return, we’ll give you challenging work that has an impact / Opportunities to learn and grow / and a collaborative culture that encourages every member of our team to bring their point of view to the table—because that’s how we help our clients succeed. The TDC is working to develop the firm's next generation data distribution platform, with the aim to seamlessly deliver real-time and on-demand investments data to a global network of distributed trading and research platforms. We are employing new paradigms such as cloud computing, lightweight microservices, and distributed and non-relational databases to deliver elastically scalable, globally distributed and highly resilient software services.
As a Sr Data/Machine Learning Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and building a quality cloud-based data pipeline and its peripheral tooling. You must be self-driven and comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment while interfacing with both technical and non-technical persons. In this role, you will join forces with other teams of software engineers and data scientists to support our business initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess…
- design and analytical capabilities needed to build cloud-based data platforms
- collaboration and communication skills required to support our software engineering practices including: agile development, CI/CD, code review, etc.
- strong software engineering and computer science fundamentals along with software testing experience including: unit test, integration test, etc.
- a well-developed sense of ownership in their work, driving decisions from inception through completion
- passion for delivering value to the business with a relentless drive to improve process
- a keen desire to understand the domain knowledge around the products and how the products are developed along with knowledge of industry trends
- a strong sense of ethical responsibility as big data touches the privacy of our clients
- the ability to develop innovative solutions in a greenfield environment
- Create and maintain optimal model and data pipeline architecture
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements focused on: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for better scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from various data sources
- Build analytic tools to provide actionable insights into key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders across the business and technology to solve their data needs
- Be responsible for key aspects of project delivery at a high level of quality
Required Technical Experience:
- building and optimizing “Big Data” data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Distributed computing Machine Learning platforms (Databricks, Sagemaker, Domino Data Labs, etc.)
- object oriented or functional languages (Java, Python, Scala, etc.)
- CI/CD Tools (Git, Docker)
- AWS cloud services (EC2, ECS, EMR, S3, RDS, etc.)
- ETL Orchestration Tools (Airflow, Glue, Luigi, NiFi, etc.)
- SQL and NoSQL data store (PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- big data tools and vendors (Spark, Kafka, Databricks, etc.)
- big data concepts (message queuing, streaming processing, high availability, scalability, etc.)
- data security concepts (data governance, access control, etc.)
- Machine Learning Operations (data wrangling, feature engineering, model development, and model deployment along with necessary architectural requirements)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to forge relationships resulting in successful partnerships
- Ability to convey ideas effectively to help drive solutions for the business and tech partners
- Enthusiasm for learning and is results oriented
Strong academic record and a BA/BS degree with high mathematical and computing content (e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics) and 5+ years of related experience
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.
This role is eligible for remote work up to three days a week.
Wage Transparency Disclosure* -
New York: Minimum salary (USD) range $141,000 - $241,000 Annual
- Placement within the range provided above is based on the individual’s relevant experience and skills for the role. Base salary is only one component of our total compensation package. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, which is determined upon company and individual performance. Salary range disclosure as required by sb19-085 when hiring in Colorado, S9427A when hiring in New York, SB 1162 when hiring in California, and SB 5761 when hiring in the State of Washington.
Base salary range for the primary location of:
New York, NY
Placement within the range provided above is based on the individual’s relevant experience and skills for the role. Base salary is only one component of our total compensation package. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, which is determined upon company and individual performance. Salary range disclosure as required by sb1162 when hiring in California, sb19-085 when hiring in Colorado, S9427A when hiring in New York, and SB5761 when hiring in the State of Washington.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Benefits: We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.