At Wintermute our mission is to enable, empower and advance the truly decentralized world for more transparent and efficient markets and products.
We do this by providing liquidity algorithmically across most trading venues in crypto, supporting all major centralized and decentralized trading venues, AMMs, RFQs, aggregators and chains. Wintermute is also offering best-in-class OTC products to crypto native as well as traditional financial institutions.
Wintermute is actively participating in the building and development of the blockchain ecosystem through investments from Wintermute Ventures, partnerships and co-development with upcoming protocols and incubation of own projects. We act as official liquidity providers for a large number of the world’s highest profile blockchain projects.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable business with a very ambitious vision and roadmap. We are backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. We are run as a technology company, not a financial service provider, and we build our culture around core values of ambition, collaboration, entrepreneurship, transparency and meritocracy.
About Wintermute Ventures
Wintermute Ventures, the investment arm of Wintermute, is dedicated to advancing the decentralized landscape. As a value-adding investor, Wintermute Ventures fosters innovation in early-stage Web3 projects by developing strategic relationships and contributing to positive outcomes through its deep expertise in DeFi and Cefi. Since 2020, it has invested in more than 75 projects.
You will play an integral part in growing our investment portfolio, be part of building our pipeline of new investments, participate in our investment meetings, and establish a strong network with founders in the industry.
Responsibilities - You will need to be flexible and adaptable. Some examples of your role:
- Sourcing: proactively identifying new investment opportunities with crypto infrastructure (Defi, Cefi etc.) and qualifying inbound leads for the firm by meeting with entrepreneurs.
- Due Diligence: Performing due diligence on investment prospects to drive investment decisions including market research, product reviews, competitive analysis, metrics analysis, customer/user reviews and technical diligence.
- Portfolio Work: Communicating with the Wintermute portfolio founders to provide support
- Ecosystem Building: being an active contributor to the blockchain/cryptocurrencies community by organizing activities, participating in local events and looking for ways to help grow the Wintermute Ventures franchisee.
- Admin: Assist with admin projects such as liaising and coordinating with internal / external parties including auditors, custody providers, cap table management software and general administrative support as needed across the venture business
Hard Skills requirements
- Experience interacting with DeFi protocols and a native understanding of blockchain technology with experience reviewing white papers or crypto projects.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Science Finance, Commerce, Economics or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience in consulting, investing or high growth tech with financial modelling capability
- The ability to think analytically and strategically about investment decisions and ongoing work with existing portfolio companies.
- The ability to work well within a team and be self-guided on a day-to-day basis
- Strong written and analytical skills for deal analysis and internal reporting.
- Strong relationship building skills and enjoy networking with project founders and broader community
- A demonstrated history of being proactive.
- A technical background or experience in data science is a plus.
- Strong network in crypto is a plus
- An understanding of venture capital and crypto deal terms
- Former background from working within the crypto industry at a infrastructure player (custodian, trading firm, exchange or similar)
- Engaging projects offering accelerated responsibility and ownership compared to traditional finance environments
- Performance-based compensation with significant earning potential
- Flat company structure: your ideas get heard by the right people very quickly
- A vibrant work culture with frequent team meals, holiday celebrations, gaming events, and company-wide outings, including our annual Wintermute Weekend getaway.
- A cool office in central London & Singapore
- Work flexibility: This is a remote role given the venture team is remote but also possible to be in either London or Singapore;
- Dynamic and Multicultural work environment (20 nationalities and counting!)