At Genmab, we're committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose. The Role
Genmab is seeking an innovative and forward-thinking Associate Director of Machine Learning Engineering to join our AI and Analytics Products team within the Global Data Science & AI organization. The successful candidate will be part of a team of talented engineers helping to develop and implement machine learning and AI solutions that help transform how Genmab discovers, develops and brings transformative medicines to patients. You will work closely with stakeholders from across the organization to ensure our machine learning initiatives catalyze Genmab's ability to create, implement, and optimize machine learning models that will directly impact our pipeline and portfolio of medicines.Responsibilities
- Lead the refinement and implementation of machine learning algorithms and models that help solve challenging business problems.
- Mentor a high-performing team of machine learning engineers, fostering an environment of continuous learning and innovation.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including, data scientists, IT professionals, and engineering to align machine learning strategies with business objectives.
- Oversee the full lifecycle of machine learning projects, from conceptualization and design to implementation and evaluation.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and advances in machine learning and AI technology, and leverage this knowledge to drive innovative solutions.
- Effectively communicate machine learning concepts and project outcomes to a variety of audiences, including technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in machine learning, deep learning, or a related field, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Proficient in Python, with extensive experience using machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, etc.
- Strong understanding of machine learning theories, principles, and algorithms.
- Experience deploying machine learning models into production environments.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, and familiarity with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, or similar.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with a proven ability to lead and inspire teams.
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, or Azure) and MLOps principles.
- Experience with advanced machine learning techniques such as reinforcement learning, natural language processing (NLP), Large Language Models (LLMs), or computer vision.
- Experience in a product-focused environment, ideally in the development of AI and Analytics products.
- Publications in machine learning or AI conferences/journals is a plus
For US based candidates, the proposed salary band for this position is as follows:
The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation, such as bonuses.About You
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you're in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.About Genmab
Founded in 1999 in Copenhagen, Denmark, Genmab is an innovative biotech company that has become a leader in antibody biology and innovation. Our product pipeline and next-generation antibody technologies are the result of our strong company culture, a deep passion for innovation, and desire to transform cancer treatment and serious diseases.
When you work with us, you'll be part of a warm, fun, dynamic community, and team up with some of the best, most authentic individuals in locations around the world, who care deeply and share in a relentless drive to innovate and create transformational medicines. People who are candid, impact-driven, and a little unconventional; who seek out and embrace the opportunity to build new and bold futures within a rapidly growing and innovative biotech company; who bring their full selves to work and show up for each other - rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. This translates into a place where you can be authentically you; are empowered to innovate, build solutions, and execute; feel cared for and supported in growth; and are a critical part of changing the lives of patients around the world through transformative cancer treatment.Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Learn more about our commitments on our website .
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands, Genmab's policy for all permanently budgeted hires in NL is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.