Head of Capital
Hansa is one of the leading investment firms in web3 by track record that was spun-off from the family office Kotti Capital. We’re seeking someone that wants to build the head of capital platform for Hansa, and wider entities from the ground-up. Hansa has been the first investor into numerous tech unicorn companies such as Arweave, Stability AI, and more. The funds will be high conviction open ended funds, as well as private early stage venture.
The track record of the group puts it in the top 1% of fund performances globally and is an excellent opportunity for someone with a minimum of 6+ years experience raising capital from investors that specifically invest in VC/Private Equity.
The business of Hansa is one of relationships, not transactions. You will deepen relationships with our current investors, discover new investors, and go above and beyond to ensure they are happy with us as a manager of their capital.
The Head of Investor Relations Manager will be a buffer between the company and the investors, ensuring the positive representation of the company in front of investors. We are looking for a client-facing professional to help attract investors and assume responsibility for retaining them.
- Identify prospective long-term partners for Kotti’s funds
- Managing investor onboarding including;
- Completing relevant documentation
- Running compliance checks (some of which will be outsourced)
- Setting Up & Maintaining a CRM system
- Ensure collection of capital calls
- Drafting unit certificates and official communications
- Preparing Fundraising materials and Pitch Decks for Limited Partners.
- Responding to DDQs and ad-hoc investor enquiries.
- Reporting to General Partner.
- Planning an annual LP summit/meeting, additional LP calls / events and regular private dinners as needed
- Building Hansa’s brand and reputation amongst the LP community
- Working closely with the Operations Team to ensure each investor’s compliance obligations are met and all legal feedback has been adequately addressed.
- Building and overseeing a robust investor relations strategy and roadmap
- Evaluating, improving and maintaining positive relationships with shareholders and investors,
- Extending the investor relationship program to the vested investment group and the ecosystem,
- Building the marketing plan for limited partners such as co-ordinating roadshows, attending and organising investor events, lunches, and dinners.
- Working with the team in the planning, preparation and delivery of key investor events including Annual General Meetings and Advisory Board meetings
Strengthen Investor Relationships
- Build excellent relationships with the people representing our LPs, bringing a hospitality mindset to every interaction, small or large
- Tailor the experience of Kotti to the many different stakeholders within an institutional investor context, going above and beyond the required.
- Be the first point of call for the day-to-day communications with investors, including co-investment opportunities and ensuring that each request is handled with speed and clarity.
Communicate the progress of Hansa
- Prepare a calendar of investor communications, from publishing portfolio and financial written updates to coordinating live and online events with Kotti team members and portfolio founders.
- Communicate the culture of Kotti. Describe our investment philosophy and investment principles through the context of our portfolio companies and our decisions to invest in them.
- Benchmark the performance of Kotti’s funds to our local and global peers and describe fundamental industry trends.
- Work closely with our Operations and Investment Teams to ensure high quality, tailored, investor metrics and reporting.
Successful candidates will display the below qualities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: interact with investors and maintain the company’s image.
- Strong, positive internal and external relationship management skills enabling you to engage at all levels.
- Knowledge of Fund financial reporting, modeling and valuation
- Understanding of fundamental principles in Venture Capital & Private Market, as well as its legal, contractual, compliance and regulatory frameworks.
- Detail-oriented with problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates excellent critical judgment.
- Flexible, proactive, a learner and able to work within a team.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a client-minded focus.
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment and be able to meet tight deadlines.
- Full proficiency in English; fluency in other languages is a bonus.
- 6+ years of relevant investor relations experience gained in a fund, wealth management division or placement agency, combined with prior experience in financial services or consulting
- Demonstrated track record of successfully raising capital
- Ability for extensive travel as we will become a global fund manager.
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Remuneration: Flexible based on experience. We pay well for quality and results. Generous Incentives will be awarded for achievement of fundraising goals.
Apply: Send application to email@example.com. Include resume, cover letter and any supplementary evidence of prior qualifications.