Does the freedom to enable a new platform with data using the best technology and playing a leading role in the digital transformation of an ASX-listed company with 5,000 staff and offices in 30 countries interest you? Inviting Talent to understand and explain the phenomena around data and help us make informed decisions.
You will implement advanced analytics solutions that improve business outcomes, such as digital engagement and student conversion, better customer experience, marketing campaign optimisation and to improve Data Engineering practices across IDP.
This is a full-time permanent
opportunity. We invite applications from Talent with full working rights in Australia to apply for this role based out of our head office in Melbourne
- Develop accurate and production-ready models that enable IDP to focus effort on the right opportunities
- Suggest changes to process and core systems to improve accuracy of predictions
- Suggest changes regarding interventions to improve conversions
- Continuously iterate and innovate existing products to stay relevant and ahead of the competition
- Work with global marketing and call centre teams to run experiments and identify new revenue generation and cost reduction opportunities
- Collaborate with engineers at offshore teams on existing IDP architecture patterns
- Develop appropriate incremental engineering patterns specific to Data Science applications
What we're looking for
- Minimum two years experience in a similar role with a proven track record of delivering business value using advanced analytics
- Knowledge of marketing analytics, including customer segmentation, propensity scoring, and campaign optimisation
- Ownership of goals - ability to focus on the goal of a piece of work and find a way to make it possible
- Strong SQL skills – ability to write advanced SQL from problem statements worded in business language by collaborating with various SMEs, building their own knowledge as they go.
- Python (or any other programming language) – 1-2 years coding experience
- Strong communication skills – ability to question, probe and demonstrate understanding a problem, and to propose/check a possible solution to that problem
- Curiosity – keen to understand how IDP works and how this shows in the data– how students, clients and counsellors feel and behave.
- Experience with AWS
- Post graduate qualification in statistics, data science, computer science or mathematics.
- Accountability for the full scope of Management Accounting functions in a Technology context including Budget, Forecasting and Actuals analysis.
An ASX100 business with a 50-year heritage, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in Southeast Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
As the global leader in international education, we have focused on building trusted human relationships for more than 50 years.
In recent years, our investment in digital technology and customer research has enhanced these personal connections, enabling us to deliver global success to more students, test-takers and our partners.
Proudly customer-first, our expert people are powered by global technology. Together, we offer unmatched services, helping local dreams become realities, all over the world.
And best yet, at 50, we are just getting started.More About Us
We are evolving rapidly. This is an exciting time to join us as we transform the way people access global education and opportunities, through leveraging innovative technology and a creating a connected world.
With our core business in student placement, digital marketing, English-language testing, and training across a global network, we are a global leader in the international education sector.
At IDP, our people are always at the forefront of what we do. We strive to provide workplaces that are truly diverse and representative of the communities that we work in, so our people feel empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work. We are focused on continuing to build a culture of inclusion and belonging by providing a safe work environment where all our people are encouraged to excel, be agile and creative, and seek new ways to solve meaningful problems.
If you share our passion for creating great customer experiences and thrive in an innovative culture, then join us today.Why join us.
Be part of our story, as we support you to create meaningful and rewarding experiences, grow your career with purpose, and celebrate as a global team.
If you identify as a member of an underrepresented community, we encourage you to apply, even if you feel you do not meet all the criteria, but have relevant skills, experience and capability that will enhance the role. At IDP, you can be yourself, be seen, heard, valued, and celebrated every day for your meaningful contributions. If you require any adjustments, let us know.Some Other Benefits Include
- Work in our new 6 green star office, featuring creative collaboration zones and a focus on health and wellbeing.
- Professional development programs to grow your career.
- Two paid volunteer days every year to support our local communities.
- Stay energized with free fresh fruit and barista onsite.