What We Strive For
Strive Health is built for purpose — to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of kidney disease patients through early identification, engagement and comprehensive coordinated care. Strive's model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from chronic kidney disease through end-stage kidney disease, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify at-risk patients. Strive Health's interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
Why We're Worth the Application
- We Strive for excellence and were recognized as one of America's Best Startup Employers for 2023 by Forbes, Circle of Excellence, American Society of Transplantation, 2023, Best Places to Work – Denver, Comparably.com, 2022, Best Places to Work – Denver, Built in Colorado, 2022
- We derive innovation and ideas from through authentic diversity intentionally building a team that represents the populations we serve in partnership with our Employee Resource Groups:
- Strive Forward - LGBTQ
- Underrepresented Minorities
- Women and Allies
- We care and support our Strivers within and beyond work to feel fully charged and empowered through our generous wellbeing offerings including:
- Flexible time off
- Companywide wellbeing days
- Volunteer time off
- Leave packages including a sabbatical, parental leave and eight weeks paid for living donor
- Professional development
- A dedicated certified financial planner
- Headspace, Carrot Fertility and Gympass for all Strivers
- We like to have fun by celebrating our successes as a team through team building, company gatherings, trivia, wellbeing raffles, pajama days, a companywide book club and more.
- We value tenacity to help us overcome obstacles with grit and determination to deliver compassionate kidney care.
Senior Data Scientist
The ability to understand and adhere to data security and confidentiality protocols and procedures while learning and evaluating emerging technologies. This role will also be soliciting and incorporating design and feature feedback from users in small, short iterations. The candidate must possess a solid understanding and have experience with systems automation platforms and technologies such as Jenkins, Terraform, and CloudFormation as well as demonstrate the ability to represent Security Platform in development and implementation of the overall global cloud enterprise architecture.
- Partner with senior leaders to define the organizational machine learning roadmap, and find opportunities to improve care and operations with ML-driven solutions
- Build health economical statistical models and retroactive study for outcome assessment
- Own the planning, development, and impact assessment of ML initiatives and be hands on in building ML models using text, image, and structured data
- Collaborate with product and operations teams to integrate ML models into clinical and operational workflows
- Work closely with engineering and infrastructure teams to develop robust and scalable MLOps practices
- Mentor, and provide technical guidance for an early ML team of scientists and engineers
- Stay on top of recent developments in ML methods in the search, recommender systems, NLP, computer vision, and causal inference spaces
- MS/PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or another quantitative field
- 4+ years of full-time experience in building machine learning, statistical, or analytical products
- Internet Connectivity – Min Speeds: 3.8Mbps/3.0Mbps (up/down): Latency <60 ms
- Business travel: <15%
- 1+ year experience at a healthcare or wellness organization
- Strong communication and experience working with multi-functional engineering, product, and operations teams
- Deep knowledge in statistics modeling
- Deep knowledge of the fundamentals of traditional machine learning and deep learning
- Experience training, deploying, and serving ML models in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Strong proficiency in Python, SQL, GitHub, scikit-learn, and at least one deep learning framework (PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras)
Annual Salary Range: $107,400.00-$134,200.00
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits, including Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, Disability insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, paid company holidays, in addition to Vacation Time Off. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles as aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
Strive Health is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. At this time Strive Health is unable to provide work visa sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all qualifications. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com