At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
CX Ecosystem team focuses on helping developers and partners enter the web3/ crypto economy via onboarding, support, and community forums. To strengthen our growing Ecosystem team, we are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager (TPM), who is passionate about transforming technology into critical business value. This role will be focused on managing the Base Discord server of users, developers, and creators across user onboarding, engagement, and technical support. The TPM will partner with product, engineering, and go-to-market teams to orchestrate the delivery of content programs and support of technology applications.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Create overall strategic plan for Discord community moderation and support
- Actively create community rules of engagement and pro-actively moderate Discord discussions
- Manage and own overall program, timelines, milestones and status update to cross functional and management stakeholders
- Provide user insights on technology products and content programs to meet needs of external developers and creators
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Product, Engineering, and Design as well as go-to-market groups Business Development Marketing, and Legal to identify community support needs and requirements for various stakeholders
- Develop and implement security measures to ensure user trust, including 3rd party bots
- Triage developer documentation and architecture questions to contribute to developer success
- Author developer documentation recommendations and proof of concepts to improve the developer experience
- Identify potential issues and managing escalations related to user sentiment
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Working and hands on knowledge of Discord setup, tools, and 3rd party bots
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in developer and creator ecosystems in a technical role
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience as a technical program manager in a web3 team environment
- Experience with developer documentation and technical replication of customer issues, involving smart contracts, wallets, and node providers
- Proficiency in open source software development concepts as well as software development in Python, SQL
- Experience with managing complex programs in a highly cross functional work group
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and project management skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams
Nice to haves:
- Hands on technical, developer experience with L2
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range as detailed below. Full time offers from Coinbase also include target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined.