About the Role
New Classrooms is searching for a Learning Experience Designer who will have a critical impact in developing engaging and impactful learning opportunities for members of our Teach to One community.
The Teach to One Learning Experience Designer will be responsible for developing and implementing onboarding, training and other experiential learning programs to support teachers, math department leads, and school administrators in their use of the Teach to One Roadmaps product and beyond. This role will encompass training for product utilization, as well as broader educational and leadership training initiatives, ensuring educators are equipped with the best practices and insights needed to foster student success and innovate within their classrooms.
What you Would Do
Professional Development Design & Delivery:
- Develop comprehensive training programs for the Teach to One Roadmaps product, ensuring educators and leaders understand its features and can effectively integrate it into their daily routines.
- Conduct hands-on virtual and in-person training sessions, workshops, and seminars for educators and administrators.
- Support product and tech teams on internal product trainings.
- Collaborate with internal teams to curate or create stand-alone training content on topics such as Competency-Based Personalized Learning (CBPL), Data-Informed Decision Making, Student-Centered Instruction, and more.
- Stay updated on educational trends to ensure the training content is contemporary and meets the needs of modern educators.
Training Needs Assessment:
- Work with schools and districts to assess their specific training needs.
- Tailor training programs to meet the unique needs of individual schools or districts.
- Provide continuous support to educators post-training, addressing any queries and ensuring the successful implementation of learned techniques and tools.
- Establish feedback loops with educators to understand training impact and areas for improvement.
Expand Training Horizons:
- Explore, design, and implement training on emerging educational topics such as AI/ChatGPT for teachers, Student Engagement and PBIS, Effective ELL Supports, etc.
- Collaborate with product and tech teams to understand the intricacies of new tools or features, ensuring accurate and insightful training delivery.
- Collaborate with customer relations and customer success teams to ensure alignment with customer expectations, inquiries, and feedback.
- Collaborate with product teams to ensure alignment with the current product experience and future product roadmap.
- Collaborate with academic teams to ensure philosophical and pedagogical alignment.
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure brand alignment.
Evaluation & Reporting:
- Track, analyze, and report on training program efficacy, making recommendations for improvements.
- Gather feedback from training participants to continuously refine and improve training programs.
Key Competencies of the Role
- Dependability - Reliably executes previously agreed upon/established directions. Matches spikes in need with appropriate spikes in work. Meets commitments.
- Influence - Persuasive in change efforts. Convincing and compelling. Provides relevant proof points and arguments. Drives for appropriate trade-offs and compromises.
- Verbal Communication - Communicates well one-on-one, in small groups, and in org-wide contexts. Provides contributions, questions and concerns in a productive manner during meetings. Communication is clear and appropriate to the audience.
- Written Communication - Writes clear, precise, well-organized communications using appropriate channels, vocabulary, grammar, and word usage.
- Conceptual Ability - Deals quickly and effectively with not just concrete, tangible issues but with abstract, conceptual matters. Can quickly absorb and respond to complex, meaty challenges with mental agility.
- Team Player - Works effectively with others to accomplish shared goals
- Creativity - Finds creative solutions to difficult challenges.
- Operating Effectively - Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets time in an efficient, organized manner, driving toward successful completion of commitments & deadlines. Breaks down larger objectives into segments.
What We are Looking For
- 5+ years of experience working in K-12 schools as a teacher, facilitator, administrator or similar role.
- Experience in designing and developing comprehensive adult curriculum to meet the specific needs of adult learners.
- Ability to deliver engaging and interactive professional development sessions in virtual, hybrid, in-person and online formats, catering to the needs of educators and staff.
- Prior experience in a leadership role within a K-12 school setting is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in using learning management systems and e-learning authoring tools.
- Continuous learning mindset and willingness to stay updated on emerging trends and best practices in design and learning technologies.
Work Sample Submission (Required)
Submit an example of an adult design curriculum, including materials prepared, that you have designed and/or delivered. You may submit this along with your cover letter. Please do not submit a professional development plan only.
Role Classification and Benefits
This role is remote, full-time, and includes benefits such as rich medical, dental, and vision insurance, 42 paid days off per year (prorated for the period in which you work), paid parental leave, a professional development budget of $375 annually and a quarterly cell phone subsidy.
The hiring salary range for this role is $76,500-$84,375 and will be commensurate with experience. We have a hiring salary range of $85,000-$93,750 for specific higher cost of labor locations, which include New York City, Washington DC, Boston, San Francisco/Oakland, Los Angeles, Seattle and their metro areas.
Commitment to Diversity
At New Classrooms we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create and inspire better ways to give every student an educational foundation for lifelong success. In order to fully realize this mission we are dedicated to building a diverse pool of candidates including those from underrepresented backgrounds, and resolute in building an inclusive culture that supports and celebrates the diverse voices and perspectives of our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.