PRINT PRODUCTION MANAGER
Kwik Kopy Fitzroy is an established printing business in Collingwood.
We service a broad section of the business printing and signage industry, especially locally in the Collingwood/Fitzroy area. We have a reputation for exceptional performance in terms of quality and customer service and that is highly important to us.
Our client base spans across many industry segments. These include Manufacturing, Retail, Hospitality, Health & Construction. Not only do we supply a product of extremely high quality, but everything we do is grounded in our culture of success and relationship building.
We require an experienced Production Manager for our fast-paced business. The successful candidate will also play a key role in helping to streamline the business by improving processes where required and managing workflow along with assisting other areas of production in our established and high-demand business.
You will need to be hands on, work quickly and accurately with a high level of attention to detail and with the ability to work on multiple jobs while sometimes under pressure.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Operate Konica Minolta Acurio Press C3088 to manage business printing such as business cards, booklets, flyers etc.
- Operate wide format digital printing machinery such as Roland & Mimaki
- Operate Canon and Fuji Xerox printers for poster and plan printing (Colour & B/W)
- Supervise Print Production Finishing staff
- Schedule tasks to best fulfill project needs and monitor production to meet deadlines
- Producing jobs to the specifications provided
- Meet quality control guidelines
- Work cooperatively with team members, clients and suppliers to ensure high customer service standards
- Operate Firey
Requirements of the Successful Candidate
- A healthy, can-do and positive attitude towards work and co-workers, above and foremost.
- Well-organised and methodical approach to deadlines
- A good problem solver with the ability and confidence to recommend improvements where required
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Deep understanding of pre-press, graphic design & digital print
- Good knowledge of the following – Illustrator, photoshop, flexi sign, vector graphics, Ai, eps, jpg, and pdf.
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience in managing a pre-press or digital print room (minimum 3 years)
- Experience with Konica Minolta / Roland / Mimaki is highly desirable
- The ability to work independently and as part of an efficient team
- Excellent time management skills