A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Automation Engineer.
You will provide Automation support and expertise in a highly automated manufacturing facility to assist with the manufacture of quality pharmaceutical products.Bring Energy, Knowledge, Innovation To Carry Out The Following
What Skills You Will Need
- Accountable for supporting all Automation components of the process.
- On-floor support of manufacturing activities.
- Active participation in the Tier process (performing as an Automation Business Partner to a manufacturing facility) and proactively resolving technical issues before they impact the business priorities.
- Maximize performance through continuous improvement initiatives and other relevant project support.
- Ensure compliance with and maintenance of SOP's and technical documentation e.g., Change Management, Incident Problem Management, Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), System Development Lifecycle/Computer Systems Validation (SDLC/CSV), Safety, Data integrity and Cyber Security.
- Leads in installing and placing new/upgraded equipment into operations. Develops solutions for automation problems. Oversees investigations of automation anomalies to prevent recurrence.
- Participates in audits and training programs in area of remit.
- Evaluates Automated, Information technology and Digital systems/solutions for future expansion and life cycle management purposes.
- Thinks with a digital mindset and focus for the benefit of the business area.
- Willing to support Rota based on-call support structure.
In order to excel in this role, you will more than likely have:
- Degree or 3rd Level Qualification (Engineering/Science) discipline or equivalent.
- At least 4 Years experience with Automation, IT/Digital related systems
- Automation coding experience (DeltaV/PLC (Siemens))
- Extensive technical, operational, and business expertise in the following disciplines:
- DeltaV DCS or similar systems
- PLC / SCADA / BMS Systems (e.g., Siemens, Aveva, Desigo)
- Data Historian Systems (e.g., OSI PI)
- Computer Systems Validation
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (Electronic Batch Records e.g., Werum Pas-X)
- Instrumentation/Automation & Control
- Control System/Shopfloor/Network Integration
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interface effectively with all levels of colleagues in a team environment, vendors, contractors, and external customers
- Vendor and Contractor management
- Demonstrable analytical and systematic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to liaise with above-site networked/matrixed Automation & IT functions.
- Strong Problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean Methodologies
- Change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
As a company, we are committed to 'Inventing for Life' in all that we do. We keep the patient at the very heart of all that we do and strive to find solutions and treatments for some of the world's most challenging healthcare needs.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. Please don't hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition Advisor assigned to this role should you need any support during our recruitment process.
We are committed to flexible working where possible, and this is why our Company has introduced a new hybrid working model for office-based colleagues around the world.
Please feel free to speak to us about what flexibility means to you during your application or click on the link to find out more about our hybrid working modelSo, If You Are Ready To
Invent solutions to meet unmet healthcare needs, please apply today.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERESearch Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.Employee Status
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License