We are seeking a self-motivated Automation Control Engineer, looking for a fresh challenge. We are a forward-thinking company, and due to our expanding business and new product developments we are now looking for an Automation Control Engineer to join our growing team, at our Head Quarters in Bedford.
Working within a vibrant and fast-paced environment, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on our company and the customers we serve. The role provides technical support for all of our automation, control, motion, visualisation, remote access and electrical drive product categories. In addition you will have a key role in the roll-out and development of our brand new robotic solutions.
As one of two Automation Control Engineers, you’ll be responsible for offering technical support, application advice, product demonstrations, occasional site support and liaising with our system
The role will include occasional project work and developing solutions to meet the needs of our customers. Reporting to the Applications & Controls Manager, you’ll be able to work on your own initiative whilst also being a strong team player with an ability to support others.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline (such as Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics)
- Knowledge / experience in the configuration and programming of PLCs / HMIs / Servos / Inverters
- Experience of Motion Control will be an advantage
- A desire to develop knowledge of Robotics
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team or under own initiative
- Strong IT skills
- Permanent eligibility to work in the UK.
Please note, although based at our Bedford HQ, there will be occasional travel required.
Support and training will be offered from both the Gapp Team and also from our key manufacturing partners.
- Technical support & application advice to customers & colleagues
- Product demonstrations
- Support & expand our system integrator network
- Roll-out and support of new robotic solutions
- Occasional on-site customer support activities
ABOUT GAPP AUTOMATION
Gapp Automation is a specialist technical distributor of automation, controls and drives solutions, and part of the Rubix UK group. Our key customers are OEM machinery manufacturers, and our focus industry sectors include Packaging, Food Processing, Labelling, Paper Converting, Material Handling and Marine.