Who are we?
CellVoyant is a biotechnology company that predicts stem cell differentiation using live cell microscopy and artificial intelligence. We use this approach to optimise and unlock human tissue manufacturing for research and therapeutics applications. We aim to understand and solve important health issues, make a long lasting positive impact on society and change the world.
We spun out from the Carazo Salas lab at the University of Bristol in 2022 and are backed by venture capital firms who were the earliest investors in DeepMind, Exscientia, Recursion, Wayve, and Abcam.What We're Looking For
What You’ll Do In This Role
- A DevOps / ML Ops Engineer you will be working closely with the Software team (who build our infrastructure and internal applications) and Biology team (who design and run our cell biology experiments for microscopy data collection and differentiation protocol development).
- You will have experience working with cloud-based solutions (AWS / GCP is preferable)
- You will have experience with containerisation solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, Kubeflow)
- Play a key role in working in the ML / AI Engineering team at CellVoyant.
- You will work closely and collaboratively with the wider team on project deliverables.
- You will support the implementation of a cloud-based storage solution, including trouble shooting and identifying solutions.
Our ideal candidate will have
Nice to haves
- 2+ years in a big tech company
- basic understanding of machine learning concepts
- experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure or similar
- experience with SQL databases
- preferred background in SRE/DevOps/Data engineer/MLOps
- Good python engineering skills
- High standards for clear, actionable communication of data-driven processes.
- Basic Data Engineering skills to include converting one data source to another (e.g. JSON into a CSV / SQL database) as well as the ability to manipulate large volumes of data, understanding bottle necks and trade offs when managing large data sets.
- The curiosity to stay informed on the latest research in relevant scientific fields and analyse its potential impact on our capabilities.
- BS or MS in ML Engineering, Data Science or a related field or relevant experience.
- Experience in a biotechnology company is not necessary, but intellectual curiosity is a must!
- Knowledge of technologies such as Terraform, Airflow
What we offer at CellVoyant
- Join at the ground level to work at the cutting-edge of artificial intelligence, stem cell biology, empirical experiment automation, and cell therapy development.
- Help us build our company culture and create an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture that puts science at the forefront of everything we do.
- Join a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive team of experienced and interdisciplinary scientists applying their skills to some of the most impactful problems in human health, to make a long lasting positive impact on society.
- Ability to work remotely or in our Bristol, UK headquarters and join bi-annual week-long company off sites.