Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Compiler Toolchain Software
If you’re interested in advancing and applying mathematics, programming languages theory, and advanced algorithms to program optimization for cutting-edge machine learning accelerators, then you really want to be talking to us!
The Compiler Labs unit in Qualcomm AI Software department is looking for ML Compiler engineers to join our team. We work tactically on improving existing ML compilers and strategically on developing new and innovative ML compilers.
Our technical approach to compilers emphasizes powerful representations for precisely and compactly modeling programs and the optimization challenges and using advanced mathematics and algorithms for performing optimizations.
We are also solid in using “old school” compiler technologies as they apply to contemporary ML challenges, and in meticulous software engineering to produce beautiful compilers. We are also keen about seeing our compilers used and having large impacts on Qualcomm’s business.
Mapping ML algorithms to ML accelerators is currently one of the most interesting and challenging problems for compilers. Our compiler targets include the Qualcomm Neural Signal Processor, Adreno GPUs, low-power ML accelerators, and CPU accelerators.
This job description spans multiple levels, from entry to experienced. Our team is a good home for compiler developers with advanced degrees, and we have solid mentoring and give substantial responsibility quickly for entry level engineers.
Location is flexible for on-site or remote.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field and 4+ years of Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field and 3+ years of Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field and 2+ years of Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
- 2+ years of any combination of academic and/or work experience with compiler or tools.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with compiler development and computer architecture
- A degree in the field of computer science or applied mathematics
- Experience with software engineering
- Solid intellectual ability, motivation, and a strong history of achievement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with MLIR, MLIR Dialects (LinAlg, Affine), Pytorch 2.0, TVM, Triton, and/or LLVM
- SYCL experience
- ML applications and ML optimization experience
- ML architecture experience
- High performance computing experience
- Polyhedral compiler optimization experience
- Loop transformation and vectorization experience
- GPU programming, parallel programming experience
- General optimization experience
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on a wide range of ML compilers
- Improve ML compiler optimization capabilities through benchmark analysis and profiling
- Innovate new ML compiler and optimization algorithms
- Upstream compiler algorithms to open-source compiler projects
- Author research publications and represent the company in conferences and industry forums
- For senior levels - Lead and manage projects while doing substantial technical work
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Qualcomm expects its employees to abide by all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to security and other requirements regarding protection of Company confidential information and other confidential and/or proprietary information, to the extent those requirements are permissible under applicable law.
$139,000.00 - $208,000.00
The above pay scale reflects the broad, minimum to maximum, pay scale for this job code for the location for which it has been posted. Even more importantly, please note that salary is only one component of total compensation at Qualcomm. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and opportunity for annual RSU grants (employees on sales-incentive plans are not eligible for our annual bonus). In addition, our highly competitive benefits package is designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that Qualcomm has to offer!
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.