GROW WITH US:
Tandem Diabetes Care creates new possibilities for people living with diabetes, their loved ones, and their healthcare providers through a positively different experience. We’d love for you to team up with us to “innovate every day,” put “people first,” and take a “no-shortcuts” approach that has propelled us to become a leader in the diabetes technology industry.
Tandem Diabetes Care is proud to manufacture and sell the t:slim X2 insulin pump with Control-IQ technology. We’re also so much more than that. Our company’s human-centered approach to design, development, and support delivers innovative products and services for people who use insulin. Since many of our own team members live with type 1 diabetes, or have a loved one impacted by diabetes, the work is personal, and we are committed to the cause. Learn more at tandemdiabetes.com.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
A senior member of the Software Engineering Test Automation team responsible for designing and developing automated software test framework and applications. This role leads projects to automate embedded, mobile, web application, and end to end testing.
- Creates, designs, develops, modifies, supports, and automates protocols to test software.
- Architects system level automated test software and software tools.
- Identifies and incorporates appropriate framework and tools to automate software testing.
- Identifies opportunities in software process, discusses with peers, and implements proposals to address gaps.
- Responsible for automated test software design specifications, interface descriptions, and other software documentations; may act as documentation owner for projects.
- Provides estimates of effort and timelines to management.
- Responsible for the training, mentoring and development of junior team members.
- Plans and coordinates the implementation of features on automated test software.
- Manages source code effectively using Source Code Management (SCM) tools (e.g., SVN, git, Source Tree), processes and procedures.
- Independently diagnoses, replicates and addresses build and deployment issues.
- Confirms completion of required training plan before assuming job responsibilities.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, including Privacy/HIPAA, and other legal and regulatory requirements.
YOU’RE AWESOME AT:
- Proficient with formal software test methodologies.
- Proficient with a common test frameworks and automation tools, preferably cypress, k6, jmeter, selenium web driver, jasmine, mocha, Appium.
- Proficient with micro services and has an understanding of load and performance testing.
- Proficient with good test data management practices.
- Able to work independently and deliver high quality work product without close supervision.
- Able to articulate work assignments and direct the work of more junior team members.
- Adept at seeing change as an opportunity to improve business performance and campaigning for it when necessary.
- Able to effectively convey information related to work product and lead group discussions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead work teams.
- Able to assert own ideas and persuade others through effectively consolidating, evaluating, and presenting relevant information.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer sciences or related field or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience.
- 5 years’ experience in the field of automated test software or in a related area.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
In addition to innovative technology, we have a culture that fosters the idea that the happiest people are the most productive people. Not only do we hire forward-thinking achievers to join our workforce; we reward, develop, and retain them too. Just one of the many reasons of how we #StayAwesome! To learn more about our culture and benefits please visit https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers.
BE YOU, WITH US!
Tandem is firmly committed to being an equal opportunity employer and maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We value and embrace that every single one of us brings value to the table. But sometimes we forget that when we don’t meet 100% of a job description’s criteria – maybe you’re feeling that way right now? We encourage you to apply anyway. Because we want you to be you, with us.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The starting base pay range for this position is $125,000 - $145,000 annually. Base pay will vary based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and may also fluctuate depending on candidate’s location and the overall job market. In addition to base pay, Tandem offers a competitive compensation package that includes bonus, equity, and a robust benefits package.
Tandem offers health care benefits such as medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts and flexible saving accounts. You’ll also receive 10 paid holidays per year, a minimum of 20 days of paid time off (starting in year 1) and have access to a 401k plan with company match. Learn more about Tandem’s benefits here!
YOU SHOULD KNOW:
Potential new employees must successfully complete a drug screen (excludes marijuana) and background check which includes criminal search, education certification and employment verification prior to hire.
We love a good referral! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this position, please share!
If you are applying for this job and live in California, please read Tandem’s CCPA Notice: https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/california-consumer-privacy-act-notice-for-job-applicants.