Senior Data Engineer - London/Hybrid, £85k
An experience Senior Data engineer is required by a booming London-based E-commerce organisation of distinction.
This opportunity is all about:
Building and maintaining a multi-purpose data warehousing solution in AWS:
- combines data from various internal and external sources
- serves as a single source of truth
- provides reliable outputs for live and historical performance and metrics reporting and analytics
- feeds internal data science initiatives
- produces data for operational needs
- exposes ways for easy data discovery
You will essentially comply to the following:
- You are a pragmatic, innovative and self-motivated problem solver who can achieve results through influence and collaboration.
- Take overall architectural responsibility for the Data Platform.
- Design and develop data models, ETL processes, data marts.
- Maintain the DW, support the running processes and work to optimize the performance.
- Communicate with the other teams to understand the needs and requirements, business and technological processes.
- Perform data analysis, ensure data quality and reliability.
Essential core skills:
- Knowledge of advanced Datamodelling and Data Warehouse methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience of designing and building a modern data warehouse in the cloud (AWS).
- Expertise in ETL and data processing - batch and streaming (we use Matillion and Kinesis).
- Excellent SQL skills.
- Proven experience with Python, Bash or other Scripting languages.
- Proven experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in query optimization.
- Experience with git.
- Familiar with BI tools like Tableau, Quicksight.
- Familiar with data cataloguing, data lineage.
London/Hybrid, to 85K plus bonus, DoE.