Zilliant powers intelligent B2B commerce with our industry-leading price optimization and sales guidance software. Our data science, cloud-native software, and passion for customer success deliver the highest ROI, fastest time to value, and highest customer satisfaction. If you’re ready to make an impact at a growing company that values the time, input, and effort of each of its employees, we’re eager to connect with you! Zilliant is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team.
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining advanced scientific models that fuel our core products, as well as acting as a Pricing Science expert to advise Zilliant customers. You will be part of the Services department and you will report to the Director of Science.
What You’ll Do:
- Examine and interpret data to extract information and insights to design, build, and tune Zilliant advanced scientific models.
- Participate in exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis, data quality analysis, data density analysis, and reporting.
- Identify, analyze and propose solutions to both simple and complex customers science problems.
- Perform all types of data manipulations such as data cleansing, data preparation, data transformations to serve downstream models.
- Produce both functional and technical documentation for implementations of Zilliant scientific models, with a special focus on customization.
- Report data insights and model results to senior stakeholders and provide business recommendations.
Who You Are:
- A self-starter: you can align, adapt, and manage changing requirements.
- Analytically minded: you like breaking down problems and looking through data to find patterns, trends, and outliers.
- An avid, ongoing learning: you keep up to date with the latest trends in your field and are always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to improve your efficiency.
- A clear communicator: you understand business needs, break them up into technical requirements; and you can explain technical and complex science in simple terms to senior stakeholders
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related STEM field (or equivalent working experience)
- 3+ years' experience with SQL (T-SQL) and Python or other common analytical programming languages
- 3+ years' experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, or equivalent
- Experience with predictive modelling such as classification and regression machine learning
- Experience with pricing strategies such as cost-plus pricing, value-based pricing, penetrating pricing, dynamic pricing, bundling pricing nice to have
- Experience in distribution, manufacturing, commodity, or B2B SaaS nice to have
What You’ll Enjoy:
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, and 401k plans with a company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy to ensure a solid work/life balance
- Comprehensive parental leave to provide time to bond with new family members
- Remote or Hybrid work schedule, depending on team and personal preferences
- The financial and strategic backing of Madison Dearborn Partners (MDP)