Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be with.
The Search team is responsible for the search page that drives a large part of eBay’s core marketplace business. The Search team strives to build an experience that enables users to easily explore, find, and buy what they want at the best value through an engaging, frictionless, and trusted Search experience, helping them make confident purchase decisions. We are seeking a Group Product Manager
, who is passionate about online commerce, machine learning and buyer experience, to join the Search product team. The person will primarily be responsible for using ML based technology to build next-generation Search for eBay.Responsibilities
- The candidate should be proficient in executive storytelling
- The candidate will need to work with a large number of teams within eBay to make the vision of the product successful, so building close, effective relationships with partner Product Managers will be critical
- In addition, this person will translate product strategy into detailed specifications, make functional and user interface design tradeoffs, handle product launches, and lead the product successes post-launch. Having the experience and ability to write clear, consistent, and detailed product specs will be crucial
- They will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineering, design, analytics, product marketing, and user research to deliver these products
- 8+ years of product management, strategy consulting or related experience
- 2+ years of Experience in AI/ML platform Product Management with focus on at-scale training
- Strong analytic skills and ability to synthesize data from multiple sources
- Demonstrated experience in writing unambiguous and clear technical specifications
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects through product life cycle from concept to delivery while meeting schedules and budget
- Passionate advocate for user, and has proven results in achieving superb user experience within tight constraints
- Demonstrated leadership ability, self-motivated and directed, entrepreneurial ability to innovate quickly
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment in California, Washington, or New York City is expected in the range below.
$168,400 - $262,900
Base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including location, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a target bonus and restricted stock units (as applicable) in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as PTO and parental leave). Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employees will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. View our accessibility info to learn more about eBay's commitment to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement.
Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes: HI, NM)" excludes residents of Hawaii and New Mexico.