Artificial Intelligence Engineer
Airbus Defence and Space is one of the three Divisions of the Airbus Group and Europe’s Number 1 defence and space company. It is the world’s second largest space company and one of the top 10 defence companies globally. Airbus Defence and Space develops and engineers cutting-edge and peerlessly reliable products in the field of defence and space. Its defence and space technologies enable governments and institutions to protect natural resources, societies and individual freedom.
Contract type/working time:
Permanent / Fulltime
+4 years in any A.I. related domain OR dedicated studies
+6 years overall working experience
We are looking for an Artificial Intelligence Engineer to become part of Airbus Defence and Space Romania team.
From a business perspective, our projects are mostly security-related, in areas like Intelligence / Data Processing / Data Analysis / Surveillance. The projects of interest imply research and development in these areas with strong applicability from Machine Learning, Deep learning and Computer vision domains. The main focus is on solving complex problems by processing and analysing data using dedicated algorithms.
The ideal candidate should have experience in research and development in Artificial Intelligence domains.
Experience with Python is mandatory.
Areas of impact: Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning / Deep Learning/ Computer Vision/ Natural Language Processing
- Work together with the team to design and develop various algorithms and features to solve specific problems addressed by on-going projects
- Research Artificial Intelligence topics and implement solutions for dedicated problems. The problems to be addressed are either specific - like object detection, person detection and tracking – or more generic and complex, like implementing a full set of algorithms to fulfil dedicated use cases
- Research and design Deep Learning architectures using dedicated frameworks
- Apply Machine Learning algorithms on large sets of data in order to make predictions or optimise systems
- Implement Deep Learning/ Machine Learning/ Computer Vision/ Natural Language Processing/ Reinforcement Learning algorithms into prototypes or software components
- Design and implement stand-alone back-end software components to ensure the expected execution of dedicated algorithms, as defined by project expectations
- Define and calculate measurements for algorithms accuracy and performance
- Analyse high level requirements and design, in order to propose feasible technical solutions, in line with the project expectations. Ensure the solutions are complete, correct and defined from an operational standpoint
- Collaborate with other teams to integrate back-end components with other components within the system
- Ensure the best quality in the dedicated field of expertise
- Build and develop effective cross-functional team working
- Based on business needs, travel outside the country (in Europe) may be required
- Strong knowledge on Artificial Intelligence principles and algorithms
- Proven experience with at least one Deep Learning framework (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, etc.)
- Knowledge on Deep Learning architectures
- Strong experience with Python
- Machine Learning principles
- Overall knowledge on Software Development principles and methodologies
Nice to have
- Computer Vision algorithms / experience with image analysis and processing
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Experience in using Cloud infrastructure
- Analytical thinking
- Customer focused
- Result oriented
- Working in a multicultural environment and as part of a team
What do we offer you?
- A great place to develop your career
- Exciting and meaningful projects
- Continuous education and training
- A motivating salary and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Performance related bonus
Apply via Airbus Career site at: