PepsiCo Graduate Programme
is 2 year program designed for high potential graduate students, just like you, into real life business impact roles – with the goal to best prepare you for a successful future. We are now looking to hire a Automation Engineering Graduate
to join the team in Cork, Ireland starting next year for the duration of 2 years, starting in September 2024.
Who We are:
- We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi.
- We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands.
- We are a global organisation, situated in 15 locations across 6 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT.
- We collaborate in our fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The Engineering Graduate role will be challenging and diverse. It will give the successful candidate exposure and experience across various engineering and project management disciplines, as well as opportunities for interaction with Operations, suppliers, end-users, and other third-party bodies. There will be opportunities to contribute and make a valued impact within the wider PepsiCo community also, through involvement in global programs and initiatives. Graduate development and mentoring will be key focus areas.
Reporting to the Global Automation Engineering Manager, the Automation Engineering Graduate will provide day-to-day support of the site operations. They will also support the site operations which will involve troubleshooting various issues as they arise. They will build their capability and develop subject matter expertise in key areas, which will contribute to building the overall capability of the Global Automation Engineering Team. They will leverage this newfound knowledge and expertise by solving complex technical problems. They will contribute towards driving productivity, efficiency, and best practice in all aspects of the business. They will ensure compliance to both internal and external regulations in all their engineering activities.
- Provide day-to-day support to the site control system. This will involve working with maintenance and operations to troubleshoot various incidents
- Support the execution of Automation Engineering Projects with the Global Automation team.
- Support the plants in the achievement of their KPIs through support of the productivity program
- Understanding the development of Automation standards
- Building supplier relationships with key vendors, and understanding the role they play in the delivery of our Capital agenda
- Understanding and implementing Change Controls
- Promoting the use of Automation to improve operations efficiency
- Participate in Global Automation Engineering Team meetings, share and leverage best practices from other PGCS sites
- Learn and leverage latest cutting-edge technologies in key areas of the business
- Learn how to present to and communicate with PGCS management
- Develop a network of contacts and leverage expertise when required
- Build capability and develop subject matter expertise in key areas
- Degree qualification in Automation, Physics & Instrumentation or Mechatronic Engineering
- Interest in technology (SQL, Historian and Cisco switches)
- Interest in Cybersecurity
- Willingness to be a team player
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work at all levels in an international organization, both individually and as part of a multi-functional team
- Excellent organisational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent IT skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Results oriented and commitment to achieving personal and project objectives
- Self-starter with a can do attitude
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
At PepsiCo, opportunity is for everyone.
- Being recognised as a Great Place to Work in Ireland, highlights how PepsiCo has become a workplace where we foster a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion with acceptance and respect for all employees.
- ‘A space to be you’ is our initiative that creates a collaborative, equitable and inclusive space where everyone, regardless of what we look like, where we come from or who we love, has a voice.
- We make reasonable accommodations for our employees and create a supportive work environment that provides a sense of community for employees who may otherwise feel marginalized or isolated.
- pep+ (PepsiCo Positive) is the future of our company. It’s the core strategy that will guide how our business will grow for decades to come, all while having a positive impact on the planet and people.
For more information, scroll down to MORE FROM PEPSICO or