Our client is revolutionizing the industry globally with a unique monitoring technology, combining proprietary image-capturing hardware with AI-enabled software. We’re looking for a driven engineer to join our cross-functional team and support the design and manufacture of hardware systems.
You’ll be working with an agile team of dedicated engineers and scientists from disciplines including electronics, mechanical, and software engineering, data science, computer vision, and AI.
This role includes salary and equity compensation, with the opportunity for growth and leadership within the company.
- CAD Design: Ensure systems effectively support a wide range of customer vehicles and design mounting solutions for systems, considering factors such as stability, accessibility, and ease of installation. Utilise CAD software to create drawings, 2D and 3D models for manufacturing and assembly purposes.
- PCB Design: Creating and updating PCBs designs for the existing data collection system to improve robustness, reliability, manufacturability while reducing costs and form factor.
- Innovation: Discover and propose opportunities to improve the performance, quality, serviceability, and robustness of the hardware systems.
- Creating How-To/Assembly Guides: Develop comprehensive how-to and assembly guides to facilitate the installation and maintenance of systems.
- Creating SOPs: Document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the assembly, maintenance, and repair of systems.
- Contractor Liaison: Collaborate with external contractors for design and manufacturing activities, ensuring seamless communication and alignment with project goals.
- Bill of Materials Management: Oversee the Bill of Materials (BOM) on BOMIST software to ensure that all required components are readily available for production.
- Inventory Management: Actively manage component and material availability, and find suitable alternatives when items go out of stock while accounting for varying supplier lead times and production schedules, and ensuring cost-effectiveness.
- Timely Deliveries: Ensure that systems are delivered to customers in a timely manner, meeting their expectations and deadlines.
- Shipping Coordination: Coordinate the shipping of systems to customers, including international shipments when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in electronics or mechatronics design, preferably 2 - 5 years in a hardware manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in CAD software (e.g. experience with Creo, Fusion360, Solidworks, or similar).
- Experience with PCB design software such as Altium.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot hardware issues.
- Knowledge of inventory management systems and supply chain processes.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with cross- functional teams.
- Detail-oriented with a strong focus on quality and accuracy.
Experience in embedded code development on microcontroller platforms (e.g. Arduino or C)
Benefits & Amenities
- Free parking is available on-site (or nearby on the street).
- Close to train station, bus routes, and motorway.
- Free coffee daily
- Shared morning teas on Wednesdays, snacks and drinks on Fridays.
- Plenty of delicious takeaway options within a 5-minute walk.
- ESOP compensation.
- A dynamic and innovative work environment.
- Opportunities for professional development, owning responsibilities, leadership within a growing New Zealand startup.
If you are a highly motivated engineer with a passion for designing cutting-edge hardware systems and managing supply chain operations, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
This role is only open to people with the right to work in New Zealand.
Apply now and we will be in touch!