Collaborates with the leadership to advance data science strategy and programs; works collaboratively with both Information Technology members and the clinical community to evaluate and implement data science projects, systems and initiatives at both the department and the enterprise level. Ensures that these projects and their outputs enhance clinical quality, patient safety, and institutional efficiency, focusing on all aspects of data science, including data gathering and wrangling, exploratory data analysis, data modeling and machine learning, and model implementation and evaluation. Provides expertise on mathematical concepts for the broader applied analytics team.
- Works collaboratively to design, implement and maintain data science models and applications.
- Works on programs to apply data science methodologies, including predictive modeling and machine learning, data analytics and visualization, and usability and design, to departmental, service line, and enterprise applications and functions.
- Synthesizes complex data-related problems into actionable business and/or clinical strategy, and communicate findings to appropriate end-users and stakeholders.
- Assists with the development of specifications to support the design of new or modified data science projects, with a focus on data-driven optimization, enhancement, and development.
- Assists in the evaluation of projects, systems, and initiatives at the department, service line, and enterprise level; ensures projects and their outputs enhance clinical quality, patient safety, and institutional efficiency, focusing on all aspects of data science, including data gathering and wrangling, exploratory data analysis, data modeling and machine learning, and model implementation and evaluation; ensures high quality execution of all proposed projects.
- Knowledgeable in present and planned data science projects and maintains voice of the customer in all project initiatives.
- Serves as the link between the clinical staff (customer) requirements and IS capabilities.
- Assists in ensuring that systems are implemented to support organization initiatives and goals to improve the quality of patient care, to maximize patient safety, and to provide operational efficiencies.
- Serves as a resource to the leadership; demonstrates familiarity with current hospital information systems.
- Operates under general guidance and work assignments are varied and require interpretation and independent decisions on course of action.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Statistics, Engineering, Data Science, or related field, required. Master’s Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of post-graduate training or experience involving quantitative data analysis, required and working with clinical data, data science, and machine learning, preferred.
- Working familiarity with basic medical and health information technology concepts, including standardized terminologies and ontologies and electronic health records, as well as Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence tools, required.
- Expertise in working with SQL relational databases and statistical or general programming languages (e.g., Python, R), required.
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms.
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).