We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our eDiscovery & Information Governance Legal team. You will enjoy working with some of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real world impact. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, a perfectionist mentality, and will have excellent communication skills. You are focused on accuracy, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in building datasets to power and influence business decisions.
- Independently design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production
- Mentor others and introduce the team to novel methods, efficient queries, programming tools
- Collaborate with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders (including attorneys, engineers, and data scientists) to understand and identify data needs, understand business problems and implement and maintain any logging required
- Work with colleagues in data infrastructure to triage and resolve issues and maintain integrity of data pipelines. Keep stakeholders informed of progress and resolution on key issues
- Build data expertise and leverage data controls to ensure privacy, security, compliance, data quality, and operations for allocated areas of ownership
- Advance Data Engineering best practices within the team
- share and contribute to development of documentation, protocols and procedures, training guides, workflows, etc.
- 3+ years of work experience in data engineering
- Experience with SQL, ETL, data modeling, and at least one programming language (e.g., Python, C++, C#, Scala, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Experience using version control systems (e.g. Git/Mercurial)
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience working cross-functionally and communicating technical content to general audiences
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- MBA or Masters in a technical discipline
- PHP experience
- Experience working with non-technical partners
- Experience visualizing data (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI)
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.