Why Choose Royce Geo
We're not your typical government contracting company, nor do we want to be. At Royce Geo, we live for building durable and long-lasting relationships with our clients, providing exceptional service with a CAN'T QUIT / WON'T QUIT attitude. We are creating a culture of winning, optimism, FUN, and caring for the person next to you. If you want to work in a real team environment and share the wealth and satisfaction of providing real value to your customer, then this company may be just for you.
Royce Geo prides ourselves in our values-first approach. Our values of Accountability, Attitude, Communication, Innovation, and Leadership are integrated into how we approach problems, guide our interactions with others, and create the framework for our culture. We recognize and reward our team members that champion these attributes.
We offer a competitive benefit package that is designed to attract and retain exceptional talent. We take care of our team members from multiple facets including health, financial, and well-being programs:
- Robust health plan including medical, dental, and vision
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Annual Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401k with generous company match
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Award Programs
- Variety of Company Sponsored Events
Royce Geo is looking for a Data Scientist with experience and skills in key geospatial knowledge areas to effectively support the Analysis Directorate and the intelligence community. This role requires the understanding of ESRI ArcGIS Pro Suite to include ESRI Spatial Database Engine (SDE), ArcGIS Enterprise (ArcGIS Online) system functionality, development of data strategies for exploiting datasets, data management, data integration methods, determination of data effectiveness, aid in the conceptual design of data pipelines, integration of data sources, data models, and other commercial data services to include rest services. You will be expected to create near-real-time analytic dashboards and visualization utilizing ‘Commercial off-the-shelf’/ ‘Government off-the-shelf’ software applications. Provide guidance in modernization efforts, contingent upon current industry practices. Effectively channel geospatial data standards to guide the development of schemas. They will develop and improve data interfaces, web services, data models, analytic logic, and visualization to support efficient and effective throughput processes in conjunction with NST and mission partner data scientists, system integration engineers, and GEOINT analysis to enhance data and data analytical transformation efforts.
- Maintain and alter, when needed, the tools/programs/databases used within the branch: (Currently include, PostgreSQL, Tableau and API rest services, but contractor is expected to assess and recommend continued use of these tools and/or alternative tools)
- Find, and support conditioning of rich data sources, manage large amounts of data within hardware, software, and bandwidth constraints
- Integrate data sources and ensure consistency of data sets
- Create dash-board visualizations to aid in understanding data
- Build JEMA models using the data and present and communicate the data insights/findings effectively to both specialists and scientists in their team and to non-expert audiences
- Perform mathematics, probability models, machine learning, statistical learning, computer programming, data engineering, pattern recognition and learning, visualization, uncertainty modeling, data warehousing, and high-performance computing with the goal of extracting meaning from data and creating data product
- Attend regularly scheduled support meetings and stay current with ongoing production support initiatives and evolutions regarding data and their related databases
- Develop trade-craft techniques and solutions for the discovery, preparation, manipulation, and normalization of big data
- Use mathematical concepts and techniques to solve complex GEOINT analysis issues and understand concepts associated with structured data and relational databases. Primary products will include presenting processed data, visualizations, and scientific analysis to GEOINT analysts and managers in support of production, and providing Subject Matter Expert (SME) services in various forums
- Interaction directly with GEOINT analyst customers as support requirements arise, and devise an optimal approach to processing and scientifically analyzing data in a timely manner given the available tools and techniques
- Presentation of processed data and scientific analysis to GEOINT analysts and managers. Analysts who use disparate data are usually not familiar with it, and the resulting analysis must be presented and explained in a manner that the customer can understand.
- Ad-hoc informational briefings and training for the purpose of educating analysts and managers as to the capabilities of data science methodologies, processing, visualization, and its benefit, to include presentations to the Commonwealth countries
- Support and participation in community forums on an ad-hoc basis. This sometimes requires the presentation of technical information or case studies resulting from operational support, to include presentations to the Commonwealth countries
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to the Community, and other GEOINT components and Contractors. Activities may include attending Technical Exchange Meetings (TEM); user testing and evaluation of new capabilities under development (e.g., participation as a user on SCRUM team in AGILE sprints); and advising various directorates.
- Investigating new scientific analysis techniques and methods if requirements cannot be met in a timely manner with available tools and methods. This could include monitoring the community and industry for new technologies that can be inserted for operational use or the near-term formulation of algorithms and applications
- Formal written reports of selected products may be required which must conform to the reporting standards of the customer
- Utilize the relationship between the data collected for a real-world problem and the required structure of a relational database to help solve that problem
- Utilize deductive reasoning and the scientific method as it applies to GEOINT analysis to solve problems.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Polygraph
- 11+ years of data science experience and utilizing the tool required for the role
- A bachelor's degree in a field related to support services may count for up to four years of this experience. A master's degree in a field related to support services may count for up to two additional years of this experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the integration, review, and management of data, databases, and data services
- Coding experience to support writing scripts with tools such as, but not limited to Java, Java Script, JSON, Python, C++, shell, Perl
- Ability to create, and integrate PostgreSQL relational databases, Kibana, Tableau, JEMA, and other systems/databases in order to manipulate and build data visualization
- Highly proficient in data management
- Background in advanced analytics, data manipulation, databases, and web service applications, and experience in creating transformational analytic processing and visualization methodologies
- Working knowledge and functional understanding of NGA’s analytic processes, procedures, data creation, and codification conducted by division and branch-level geospatial analysts
- Ability to work on multiple projects with simultaneous deadlines in a high-tempo environment
- Experience in data manipulation and processing to flesh out new methods of advanced analytics
- Experience in process quality control
- Experience in problem identification and analysis
- Possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of ODNI ICD 203, ICD 206, and ICD 501 pertaining to IC analysis and reporting, and tradecraft and quality
- Ability to review standard and non-standard data products to determine and implement the appropriate metadata and keyword tagging and editing metadata as appropriate
Royce Geo. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Anyone requiring reasonable accommodations should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-544-7930 with requested details. A member of the HR team will respond to your request within 2 business days.
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov)
Please review our current job openings and apply for the positions you believe may be a fit. If you are not an immediate fit, we will also keep your resume in our database for future opportunities