Wanted: Data Scientist to work on leading management tool for worldwide top-notch Hotels
The intelligence behind some of the most sophisticated hotels and residences worldwide? OTA insight. Thanks to their BI solution, hotels like the Hilton, Grand Intercontinental and Radisson can have a comprehensive overview of their data and make better revenue, distribution and marketing decisions.
OTA Insight is a scale-up with Ghent origins and has since established its Headquarters in London, UK. In 2022 they raised a series B funding of $80M and are now the number 1 management tool provider for the best hotels and residences worldwide. Over 60,000 independent, local and global chain properties and management companies in 185 countries are supported by their 300+ stellar employees.
This client of ours is now looking for a Data Scientist to join their Data science team, which is an R&D team within their wider engineering team. Someone that is passionate by walking and exploring the hidden truth within data landscapes. Is that you? Let’s find out.
What you will be doing:
- Build: you will develop statistical models that forecast demand for thousands of hotels every day.
- Simplify: build price recommendations using large-scale hospitality data that are explainable and understandable for users.
- Make user-friendly: Productionalize models to automate and enhance manual processes for our users.
- Research: develop a deep understanding of OTA insight’s data assets and how they can be used to enhance their products, their usage and customers retention.
- Teamwork makes the dream work: Partner with Product, Engineering, and Analytics to implement and operationalise new solutions.
- Strategic responsibility: You will have a strategic role in the delivery of Data Science projects from ideation to product implementation.
What skills and experience do you need?
- You have +2 years of experience in a similar Data Scientist role.
- You’re a high-energy professional with a passion for data, attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
- You’ve got this, you understand the steps required in cleaning and transforming datasets.
- Got skills? Solid relational modeling (SQL) and programming skills (preferably in Python);
- You have a knack for statistics.
- You can derive and clearly communicate insights from a dataset, preferably using Jupyter/Pandas/Tableau.
- You’re a strong communicator that can describe complex topics in a simple way to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- You are Fluent in English.
- You have an EU Work Permit.
Last but, most definitely, not least: Job advantages
- You get the shining opportunity to shape the products that more than 75.000 users rely on world-wide;
- You have the chance to grow and evolve the data culture at a fast-growing scale-up.
- You’ll enjoy a flexible working environment where you can work from home or at one of OTA insight’s offices in Ghent or Brussels.
- You get two annual Detox Days, on top of your personal holidays, when you take some time away from your computers with the entire company
- You can choose-your-own transportation budget should you choose to come to the office
- You’ll receive a highly competitive compensation package.