About This Exciting Opportunity
Now is a fantastic time to join our Institute in this newly created position which will lead advancements in data analytics and AI capabilities which are vital to the development of solutions and insights that will transform how decision-makers can understand and manage our marine estate. A key role reporting to the Director Data Science and Research Services, you will guide data analytics and AI advancements at AIMS and enable delivery of insights, solutions and support to end-users and stakeholders. You will work collaboratively across the organisation to support teams and provide leadership and advise in data analytics and AI development.
Drawing on your experience, you will guide your team to ensure compliance with regulation and standards and the mitigation of risks associated with data analytics and AI and provide direction to end users. Using your international scientific reputation and experience as a data scientist, you will develop and deploy new approaches and methodologies in data analytics and AI that substantially advance AIMS’ capabilities and knowledge.
An important requirement of your position will be to provide leadership and day-to-day management to a diverse group of data scientists (including AI engineers and statisticians) at AIMS to deliver insights, solutions, and support services to end users and stakeholders.About You
With a key role in managing data analytics and AI across an organisation, you will be an experienced leader, with extensive experience in the delivery and management of data analytics, statistics and AI services and solutions. Your professional experience is supported by your PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or relevant field. And your experience demonstrates your deep understanding of how to ensure smooth operations, mitigate risks and ensure governance in similar complex operating environments.
Your track record and international reputation in technical leadership in data analytics and AI will be evident, as will your expertise in the theoretical understanding and practical application of AI and statistics, including the development of scalable and robust AI solutions. You will be expected to facilitate extensive collaboration both internally and with external experts to advance AIMS data science capabilities, drawing on your excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience providing technical consultation.
Apply Now And Join a World Leading Organisation With Attractive Working Conditions Which Are Detailed In Our Enterprise Agreement. The Successful Candidate For This Exciting Opportunity Will Be Rewarded With
- AIMS AOF Level 7 or 8 salary ($149,883 to $191,127 per annum) plus 15.4% superannuation (Dependent on relevant qualifications, experience, knowledge, and skills)
- Full-time, Permanent opportunity
- Located in Townsville (Qld), Perth (WA) or Darwin (NT).
- 9-day fortnight
- Flexible Work Arrangements considered (including tele-working where possible)
- Generous leave provisions
- Commuter car arrangements to site (in Townsville only)
- Relocation assistance available
- Non-Australian Citizens must hold an appropriate Visa with working entitlements that allows paid employment with AIMS for the term of the appointment, depending on the relevant Department of Home Affairs current policies. AIMS may be able to consider sponsorship for international applicants for this role, however, please note that visa processing times can impact the ability for AIMS to consider sponsorship for vacancies. AIMS must meet the requirements of the Department of Home Affairs immigration policies and processes, including the necessity to test the local labour market for suitable applicants. This includes international talent pool members who are Australian visa holders who have relevant working rights.
- AIMS strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Whilst it is not currently a mandatory requirement for this role, AIMS reserves the right to review its position and policy on mandatory vaccinations. It may therefore become a mandatory requirement for this role in the future.
Further information about this exciting and challenging opportunity is outlined in the Candidate Information Pack which is available to download below. If, after reviewing the position description, which is included in the Candidate Information Pack, you believe that your qualifications, experience and professional capabilities will enable you to successfully the deliver the position responsibilities, we would be very interested in hearing from you.
Below you will also find a link to our Recruitment Application Guide which details the necessity to submit your statements addressing your suitability against the selection criteria within the scope of the position description.Submitting Your Application
Please ensure that you have your completed documents (selection criteria responses, resume and cover letter) ready to attach to your online application form via our e-recruitment system which can be accessed via the "apply now" button below.
Shortlisted applicants may be asked to complete a personal outlook analysis questionnaire using the Birkman Method.
Position enquiries can be directed to Kameron Christopher, Director Data Science and Research Services at email@example.com. Applications must be made through our website per above.
Closing date: TUESDAY, 28 NOVEMBER 2023 (midnight, AEST).