Career Renew is recruiting for one of its clients a Business Development Lead - hybrid position in London or Lisbon
We are a decentralized finance (DeFi) project on the brink of unveiling an on-chain derivatives trading venue (DEX), aiming to bring the largest asset class in traditional Finance into the blockchain ecosystem. Our products are designed to cater predominantly to professional traders in crypto and TradFi ecosystems.
We have recently closed a sizable funding round led by a leading European VC and are preparing for our beta launch before the end of the year.
Our team is distributed between London, Lisbon, and several remote locations. We seek a highly experienced and talented Business Development Lead to join our team and lead our business development efforts.
We offer an opportunity to join a well-funded project early in its lifecycle and apply your skills and knowledge to become a major driving force behind its success.
N.B.: Our products are designed to cater predominantly to professional traders in the crypto and TradFi ecosystems. Although possible, it will be exceptionally hard to ramp up fast and be efficient in front of our audiences without direct experience working on a trading floor or working with professional traders within banks, hedge funds, trading firms, and the like.Your Responsibilities:
- Lead the identification and targeting of potential clients, industries, and market segments for business development opportunities
- Ability to cultivate and maintain a robust pipeline of leads through proactive prospecting, networking, and in-depth market research, coordinating a large number of parallel conversations in different stages
- Collaborating with product and tech teams, conduct comprehensive research and analysis to gain deep insights into client needs, market trends, and the competitive landscape—feedback market insights to iterate on and enhance our products continuously
- Develop and deliver compelling, high-impact sales presentations, proposals, and pitches to prospective clients
- Actively represent the company at industry events, conferences, and trade shows to strengthen our presence and build brand awareness
- Monitor and report on market trends, competitor activities, and industry developments, providing strategic insights to the team
- Proven and substantial track record of success in business development, sales, or account management roles within blockchain, DeFi, and web3 industries
- Extensive network within web3/DeFi trading community (trading firms, hedge funds, etc.) and service providers (exchanges, lenders, staking providers, prime services, etc.)
- Background in trading, sales-trading, or structuring in fixed-income derivatives, structured products, or similar, deep understanding of capital markets
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and capable of working independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong negotiation acumen and a demonstrated ability to cultivate and nurture client relationships
- Adept at adapting to changing priorities and enthusiastic about driving growth and innovation