Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer II to join our Mailchimp Customer Data Platform group focused on unifying customer data (from multiple channels) into a single comprehensive customer view to enable customer engagement and personalization at scale.
Intuit Mailchimp is a hybrid workplace , giving employees the opportunity to collaborate in person with team members in our Atlanta and Brooklyn offices two or more days per week.What You'll Bring
Nice To Have, Include
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a software development environment, with capability in backend or full-stack development.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of professional software engineering experience.
- You have experience with large scale data systems, including integrations from various sources such as data warehouse/cloud storage, third party systems using pre-built connectors, APIs, or ingestion through data streams.
- You have experience with building containerized applications along with distributed data persistence & data capture systems.
- Experience in handling large volumes of data and high frequency data streaming like Kafka or equivalent.
- Solid experience in schema design, data structures and algorithms.
- Well-organized, detail oriented, has great communication skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in cloud environments (GCP, AWS).
- Software development experience in Scala/Java.
- Experience in Springboot and Kafka.
- Experience with Spark or Flink.
How You Will Lead
- Experience in Redshift
- Experience with streaming applications and real-time data.
- You'll enable Mailchimp to democratize domain data by developing self-serving and curated data models.
- You'll build data pipelines to deliver a single view of customers (unified profiles) and prospects that includes their digital identities, both direct and computed key attributes, ingested from multiple channels.
- You'll work on data modeling, data cleanup, validation, and standardization.
- You'll lead, design, develop, and deliver large-scale data systems, data processing, and data transformation projects.
- You’ll own, build and scale the API infrastructure serving data from the Customer Data platform.
- You’ll define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices.
- You’ll ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams.
- You’ll help scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
- You’ll foster an inclusive community on the team and at Mailchimp.