REQ ID: 119920
JOB TITLE: Data Engineer
SALARY: £37,200 - £46,000
POSTING END DATE: 3/11/2023
We're re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As part of the Data Analytics & Prognostics team you will be developing automated data pipelines that collect, manage, and convert raw propulsion system data into usable data tables that supports our Data Analysts and Data Scientists to generate insights into our systems and how customers operate their vehicles.
You will be working with other data engineers to ensure the pipelines are efficient, performant and error free which will enable the delivery of state-of-the-art data products within Powertrain.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Design, develop and maintain data pipelines, databases and tables.
- Optimise, maintain and troubleshoot these pipelines to ensure consistent and quality data is available for the data analysts and scientists
- Ensure customer privacy is protected at every stage of data extraction, transformation and loading
- Product Owners and Engineering teams across the business to understand their requirements for the data to meet their analytics and data science needs
- Data Engineers across the business to ensure methods and techniques are aligned to best practice and support you continued development.
The successful Data Engineering candidate will need a natural technical curiosity and desire for depth of understanding, whilst having the collaborative mindset to work with others. We are looking for someone who is excited about data with the confidence to challenge existing thinking a positive way to improve tools and processes.
SO WHY US?
- Degree is any Engineering Discipline, Computer science, mathematics, or physics.
- Practical application of Python and SQL
- Awareness of Cloud Platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Awareness of data engineering tools, such as Spark, Beam, Scala etc
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes JLR the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At JLR, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all.