Generalist Game Engineer - Unreal Engine
Rushdown was founded by veterans in the gaming industry who have worked on games like PUBG, League of Legends, Rocket League and more. We truly love what we do and want to funnel our passion and expertise into features and games that billions of players will enjoy worldwide. Come help us ship amazing game experiences!
We want someone who is excited to join a small, fast growing group of developers. You will be focused on programming in Unreal Engine to ship a multiplayer game.
Work Location: Hybrid - 2-3 days a week in the office.
- Full solution engineering that includes changes to the engine, editor, and build pipeline.
- Cross team performance - consider memory management & profiling.
- Tackle complicated problems and build performant and scalable systems to meet project needs.
- Collaborate with programmers and artists get their features to run as fast and efficiently as possible.
- Solve crashes and other problems on next-gen consoles and PCs.
- Mentor less experienced programmers.
- Love video games!
- Strong knowledge of C++. Write clear, maintainable, portable C++ code. You have 3 or more years of experience developing and shipping commercial games using C++.
- You have 2 or more years of C++ programming experience in Unreal Engine.
- You’re a pragmatic engineer that puts player experiences over your own ego and code.
- You want to learn something new. Your work may take you into systems you’ve not touched before, such as UE4 engine code, netcode, graphics, AI, UI, build systems, and beyond.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $170,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Have you been hired to work on a multiplayer game before?
- Do you have a strong interest in working in the video game industry? If so, please explain why.
- Professional C++: 3 years (Required)
- Unreal Engine: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person