Azure Cloud Solution Data Integration Architect and Engineer
Our UK Business Transformation team of 20+ coworkers are responsible for driving and accelerating change and transformation across people, processes, and systems. Its role is to:
- Provide portfolio management for all change initiatives ensuring they are assessed, prioritized, sequenced, and governed to maximize benefit to our customers and co-workers, supported by robust Change Management
- Support change initiatives with additional resource and skills, from Project Managers to Business Analysts and technical experts
- Own some of the major 70+ business-wide initiatives including Robotic Process Automation, ServiceNow implementation, Process Re-engineering, and ERP replacement.
- Lead the architectural design and development of highly scalable and resilient data integration solutions on Microsoft Azure by leveraging Azure Cloud PaaS services and reference
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to understand data integration requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Ensure the scalability, reliability, and performance of data integration processes.
- Integrate and optimize APIs and external data sources to meet business needs.
- Uphold best practices for data security, compliance, and
- Keep abreast of the latest Azure services and industry trends to make informed architectural decisions.
- Conduct code reviews, enforce coding standards, and provide technical guidance to the team.
- Diagnose and resolve complex data integration issues in a timely
- Define and document architecture, design, and data integration
- Create data integrations using different data latency methodologies, e.g., real-time, and periodic.
- Subscribe and publish to operational systems using their native application interface technologies, such as REST, GraphQL, SOAP, Service Bus, SQL, etc.
- Develop a toolset to monitor the health of data integrations, including near real-time alerting of failures, data volume metrics, resource consumption metrics, etc.
- Ingest raw copies of data into a data platform used for a variety of use cases including data analytics and data science.
- DevOps approach to software; create high quality code using traditional software practices, such as building, linting, unit and integration testing, source control, CI/CD, peer reviews, etc.
- DevOps approach to support; monitor pipelines to ensure business- critical data pipelines are processed meeting time constraint and data quality expectations (including implementing reactive changes where applicable).
- Integrate into the data team's SCRUM ceremonies, including backlog refinement, sprint planning, demonstrations, and retrospectives, including translation of user requirements into technical requirements including complexity estimation, implement in two-week sprint cycles, collaboration into process improvement,
- Based on requirements, perform ad-hoc analysis of data across multiple data sources to inform solution design.
- Document datasets in data catalogue, including ownership, stewardship, dictionaries, glossaries, lineage, sensitivity,
- Document solution design in Wiki.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience in data integration and software development.
- AZ305 Certifications (Preferred)
- Strong experience with Azure data integration stack, including Azure Function Apps, Azure Logic Apps, AzureAPI Management, Azure StreamAnalytics, Azure Data FactoryV2, Azure Service Bus, AzureEventHubs, Azure Blob Storage, etc.
- Includes solid Azure Resource Manager skills including Azure Portal, Az CLI and Az PowerShell.
- Strong Azure Function Apps experience for data integrations, using C#; including Durable Functions.
- Strong Logic Apps experience for data
- Strong understanding of application interface technologies including REST, GraphQL, SOAP, Service Bus, SQL, etc.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems, considering scalability, resiliency, high availability, disaster recovery, etc.
- Strong understanding of software development practices, such as SOLID principles, functional and object oriented, structuring code, testing, IOC, dependency injection, etc.
- Strong unit testing, including
- Strong experience with Azure DevOps Repositories, Pipelines and Artifacts (git, multistage YAML, NuGet).
- Strong data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an Azure Software
- A demonstrable track record of getting stuff done whilst managing competing pressures and deadlines and retaining an eye for detail and quality.
- A passion for technology and its ability to have a positive impact on business
Nice To Have:
- Other languages, such as Python, PowerShell
- IaC, g., Terraform, ARM, Bicep, etc.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management systems
- Knowledge of Data Catalogue
- Self-driven, doesn't require micromanagment
- Comfortable in fast-paced environments with occasionally shifting, ambiguous requirements.
- Passionate about both process and technology and the impact they can have on business and our customers.
- Articulate and credible
- Quality and detail
- Positive attitude and influence on others
- Fast learner and able to adapt to new technology and keep abreast of current industry trends and practice.
- Excellent communicator in all forms to key stakeholders
- Excellent organization and time management skills