Position: QC/Safety Manager
Compensation: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 Annual Salary
Holbrook Servco is a 3rd generation family business focused on Boiler Sales & Service. As part of the services we offer, we are an ASME certified company. We also provide services to ASME standards for the highest quality fabrication or repair of boilers, pressure vessels and non-code tanks.
As a Holbrook Servco Quality Control/Safety Manager, you will have a dual role to oversee the ASME QC paperwork and procedures as well as work with the management team to maintain and establish a quality safety program. This will require you to evaluate product and workmanship requirements and review designs and blueprint specifications to ensure on-time delivery of repairs and our first-in-class metal fabricated products. You are a quality expert with ASME welding experience and have a proven track record of being hands on and maintaining ASME quality management systems. You will spearhead the coordination for ASME repairs and fabrication documentation in coordination with the Equipment Manager and will ensure training is provided and maintained for proper safety programs.
- Monitor weld procedures or ASME code requirements, to verify compliance with company, customer, and code specifications.
- Inspect welded sub-assemblies and assemblies at designated points of the service, repair and manufacturing process for ASME hold points.
- Maintain compliance to ASME weld procedures and train boilermaker team in QC measurements, weld procedures, materials traceability and all other ASME documentation requirements including shop traveler generation and various data reports. Point of contact for scheduling and coordination with AI inspectors for code jobs.
- Maintain all quality records for the Company.
- Perform visual and mechanical inspection of products in accordance with company drawings for the different ASME BPVC sections, code requirements and/or engineering blueprints.
- Conduct both onsite and offsite ASME hydro acceptance test for specified QC documents.
- Participate in annual review of ASME stamp certifications.
- Oversee and manage inventory and receiving of all ASME materials required for code jobs.
- Prepare and maintain various ASME QC records both for repair and fabricated equipment as well as ASME documentation for our boilermaker/welding staff (ex. WPS, PQR, and weld qualification testing, and continuity records) including responding to supplier/customer corrective action, and respond to non-conformances, either internally generated or customer generated.
- Work closely with the Equipment Manager and Account Managers, Engineering, Vendors and Office staff to review quality problems and ensure problem-free production.
- Support and manage (when assigned on a job) the boilermaker team to successfully perform its functions.
- Plans, implements, and conducts preventative care, safety, and compliance training programs.
- Conducts safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
- Plans, implements, manages, and maintains comprehensive environmental safety & health programs on premises or at project site locations.
- Provides project management team with guidance on health and safety and confirms project site fulfills industry, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Collaborates with management to develop an Emergency Action Plan and serve as primary contact for project site injury and incident notification, investigation, and case management. Maintains a written log of safety inspection activities, reports, and correspondence.
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals, internal policies and procedures, contract documents, and good engineering practices.
- Provides technical support to project managers.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing Engineering or technical degree from four-year college or university OR have significant work experience in manufacturing, welding, metal fabrication, and machining experience.
- 3+ years of experience in working with Quality systems, programs, audits, and procedures.
- 5+ years in the fabrication and / or manufacturing industries.
- Knowledge of ASME and AWS codes.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints and verify or add weld symbols and finish callouts.
- Ability to use measurement instruments, including pressure gauges, calipers, micrometers, and weld reinforcement gauges.
- Ability to verify completeness and accuracy of the information recorded.
- Ability to work, schedule and interact with Authorized ASME Inspections and present documents for their review, sign-off, etc.
- Familiar with continuous improvement initiatives.
- Possess a craftsman’s eye for cosmetically pleasing equipment to meet our customers’ high expectations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other managers and departments including customers regarding testing procedures and results to resolve problems.
- Must be a self-starter who has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in relevant software, working within ERP Systems, must be highly proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledgeable in ASME inspection process - incoming inspection, material certification and marking requirements and in-process inspection.
- ASME Knowledge in code sections for hydrostatic testing and be able to generate ASME records (required data reports, shop travelers, etc.).
- Knowledge of ASME Section I, IV or VIII Division 1 pressure vessel code.
- Experience with welding and joint design of carbon steel, process piping and/or other AWS, BPE code specifications.
- Current certifications in First Aid, CPR, OSHA, 10 or 30-hour Construction Safety and Industry Standards plus familiarity with DOE 10 CFR Part 851 highly desirable
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Salt Lake City, UT 84104: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Fabrication: 4 years (Preferred)
- English Fluently (Required)
Work Location: In person