Automation Technician (Level 1, 2 and 3)
Guardian is a Turnkey Automation Solutions Partner for Space, Manufacturing, Material Handling, and Agriculture. We plan, design, build, test, install, commission, maintain, and improve control systems that send rockets into space, increase high-speed manufacturing throughput, and bring fire-breathing dragons to life!
Our track record of delivering large and small turnkey projects and follow-on service with Safety, Quality, and Efficiency in demanding environments since 1993 has earned long-term relationships with leading companies and government agencies in our markets. Guardian Manufacturing is ISO 9001:2015 certified with an in-house UL508A Industrial Control Panel manufacturing facility.
Our Core Values are the guiding principles we have to ‘Make A Difference’ with our stakeholders, employees and community. These values are a must have for all GMI employees.
Guardian Manufacturing CORE Values:
- Humbly Confident
- Innovates and Adapts
- Gets it done with Excellence.
If you possess these core values, this position will allow a motivated electromechanical technician to excel at Guardian Manufacturing.
· Understand what various electrical components are and what their function is.
· Independently perform fabrication, modification, assembly, wiring, repair, brush applied/spray can conformal coating of P.C. boards and refurbishment of printed circuit cards, panels, chassis and all types of electronic assemblies and subassemblies.
· Work from blueprints, procedures, wiring diagrams, schematics, sketches and other written, electronic, or verbal instructions.
· Recommend changes to blueprints, wiring diagrams and assembly procedures to correct discrepancies revealed during assembly operations.
· Perform continuity checks of fabricated, refurbished, repaired, and modified electronic equipment and assemblies.
· Maintain cleanliness of tools, equipment and assigned work areas.
· Obtain measurements, field dimensions and other related information necessary to complete job assignment.
· Maintain logs, records, charts, etc., as required.
· Perform any work assigned to the employees in the classification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· HS Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of (3) three years related experience.
· Requires rounded training and experience acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
· Must have working knowledge of compressors, electrical breakers, transformers, pumps, motors, switchboards, controllers, conduit systems, electrical receptacles, wires, switches, and fixtures.
· Knowledge of hand tools, power tools, lifts, and precision measuring and testing equipment is required.
· Must work well in a team environment and interface well with the client.
· Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds.
· Ability to distinguish between colors (ex: blue and green wires)
· Ability to comply with safety policies and compliances.
· Ability to use limbs with 90% range.
· Must use safety protective equipment where required.
· Legal ability to operate a motor vehicle.
· Must be able to climb ladders, towers, and stairs.
· May require physical exertion in climbing, lifting, squatting, crawling, carrying, or critical work in cramped quarters.
· All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with Company safety standards.
· Work will mainly be performed in an inside environment, but fieldwork can be a combination of inside and outside depending on the project.
· Working at heights is required and in confined spaces may be required.
Equipment and Machines
· Use electrical, electronic, and mechanical test equipment, instruments, standard measuring devices and shop tools such as meters, scopes, generators, counters, ovens, vacuum chambers, etc.
· Use various types of equipment necessary for performance of duties, such as soldering/de-soldering stations, crimp tools, strippers, roll tinning machine, wire wrap machine, drilling machines and other related devices and hand tools.
· Operate vehicles and other types of equipment required for completion of assigned tasks.
· Operate computer terminals, personal computers, and related computer peripheral equipment to maintain/adjust database logs and records, print documents and record work performance.
The ideal candidate for these positions is an alert, punctual, organized and results-driven team player with a willingness to learn and a desire to achieve. Prior experience in a production environment is a MUST!
We offer the following benefits: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, FSA Account, and matching 401k.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $23.00 per hour
Pay will depend on skills and/or qualifications.
Travel will be required up to 25% of the time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cocoa, FL 32926: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person