Role: Lead Test Automation Engineer
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Location: Remote - must be based in the UK - full UK citizen
Benefits: 7.5% Bonus, 25 days holiday, Employee Assistance Programme, 3:5% Pension.
As a member of the Software Delivery Team, you will be working alongside like-minded Software Engineers whose priority is quality and where Testing is at the forefront of the agenda.
We seek an experienced Lead Test Automation Engineer who has a strong manual testing background and has undergone the process of implementing a Test Automation Framework from grounds up (with focus on E2E testing).
We are looking for a person to own and drive the development of our internal Test Automation Framework and who can also bring best practices towards creating automated test scripts for applications constructed internally and externally.
You will use tried and tested approaches and tools towards achieving this using Selenium, ideally in conjunction with Behat. You will mentor and guide an existing team of Test Engineers that can pivot into writing automated test scripts for both UI and Backoffice systems (via APIs).
You will also contribute to the execution of manual testing plans. This may be in areas where automation is not yet in place, or where a keen eye is required to assess the user experience.
- Lead the development of our internal Test Automation Framework.
- Applying your knowledge and experience to mentor a small team of Test Engineers on test automation.
- Producing test automation scripts for both UI/UX and API based testing.
- Creating regression test packs based on a series of unit test scripts.
- Working with Software Engineers to ensure build agents utilize automated testing so that all builds automatically run test automation scripts on build/deployment.
- Working with the business to identify areas of improvement and to help facilitate UAT.
- Contributing to execution of manual test plans.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Practical experience of designing and implementing Test Automation Framework from grounds up.
- Strong manual testing background.
- Experience with Automated Regression Testing solutions.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and best practices as well as waterfall and hybrid approaches.
- Back-end services test automation experience.
- Front-end test automation experience.
- Extensive experience in creation of Test Automation Framework using Selenium, ideally in conjunction with Behat.
- Expertise in delivering automated test frameworks in a CI/CD environment.
- Automation test data creation and management.
- Build agent integration.
- Performance/Load Testing experience.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.