Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
JD: VP Product Management – Retention
We are hiring a to lead the strategy and execution of key retention initiatives for our streaming products, including Max, HBO Max, and discovery+. The leader in this role will develop, launch, and track retention efforts globally, across all supported platforms (web, mobile, connected TV). Further, they will collaborate closely with Design and Engineering partners to prioritize, develop requirements, and build innovative customer-facing features and scalable backend systems to meet current and future needs for a global audience. This role is a strategic partner to multiple teams across Warner Bros. Discovery, including Marketing, Distribution, and Streaming Leadership.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for delivering world-class customer experiences, and a proven track record of launching customer-facing services to a global audience. The leader in this role will combine a creative vision with data-driven decision making and will have experience with experimentation and in developing features that incorporate AI/ML insights. Further, the candidate will have experience building and leading a diverse, high-performance product team and fostering an inclusive, collaborative team culture.
- Develop a strategic vision and maintain a roadmap to improve engagement and deliver on key retention objectives.
- Lead the planning, creation, and execution of an end-to-end retention experience for our streaming services globally.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Design partners to build delightful and engaging customer experiences and scalable backend infrastructure to meet current and future business needs.
- Partner with Engineering and Data teams to ensure data integrity and track and report on retention KPIs.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Data teams to launch experiments across all platforms globally and develop innovative features and experience that incorporate AI/ML insights.
- Partner closely with Research teams to validate experiences with customers and gather customer feedback and insights throughout the product development process.
- Lead a team of product leaders and professionals, and foster an inclusive, collaborative team culture. Hire, manage, and support the development of product leaders and professionals to help enhance their skills and grow their careers.
- Partner with leaders across the streaming organization (Marketing and Distribution) to build a customer-centric strategic vision and effectively communicate prioritization and status of key initiatives and goals to partner teams and leadership.
- 15+ years of experience in product leadership in media, entertainment, technology, or related industries.
- Extensive experience in managing teams to deliver world-class product experiences, with responsibilities that include day-to-day management, professional development, hiring and retention, and coaching and mentoring.
- Experience building and leading diverse and inclusive teams across multiple work locations and functions.
- Extensive experience launching and maintaining services for a global audience, including front end experiences and backend systems.
- Experience developing and executing strategies that drive business growth, including Acquisition and Retention.
- Experience developing KPI-driven goals, monitoring data trends, and making data-driven decisions.
- Experience launching A/B experiments, and refining product strategy based on experimentation results.
- Experience developing features and customer experiences that incorporate AI/ML insights.
- Excellent written, visual, and verbal communication skills; can effectively communicate the results of your (and your team’s) work clearly to your audience.
- Advanced degree in business or technology is a plus.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery’s total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $224,700.00 - $417,300.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.