This role is remote (NE or OH) and does not require regular in office presence.
As a member of our Data Analytics team, you will work directly with internal business lines to understand their needs and identify how analytical solutions or data science solutions could help deliver value for them.
This role will offer a chance for high visibility across the enterprise. Influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating conclusions to cross-functional groups. This role will be best suited for someone who is positive, curious, and collaborative. The successful person in this role will seek out answers and solutions rather than waiting to be told what to solve for.
At Ameritas, our mission is Fulfilling Life. We do that in many ways, but especially by helping people invest in themselves by offering trusted financial products and advice. Because we believe everyone should be happy, healthy, and financially secure, we work hard to provide trusted financial products and valued guidance, including individual life and disability insurance, employee benefits, retirement planning, investments, and wealth management services.What You Do
What You Bring
- Develop and prepare new reports, dashboards, analysis, and presentations for all levels of management using multiple complex data sources. Apply a broad range of advanced modeling techniques and theories from statistics, machine learning, heuristics, NLP, and deep learning to create actionable algorithms and predictive models that are actionable for the business.
- Work with business line stakeholders to gather and develop business requirements for new dashboards which would consolidate and analyze diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights.
- Determine necessary data sets and develop/maintain SQL queries, scripts, and report packages. Develop and maintain models using Python and “R”.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using tools such as Spark SQL, PySpark, Sqoop, Keras, Theano, TensorFlow, and H2O
- Translate open-ended questions from internal teams into actionable data insights, tasks, and deliverables.
- Possesses a strong adherence to established standard procedures, processes, QA, and SDLC documentation.
What We Offer
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study required, preferably in a quantitative field such Data Analytics, Computer Actuarial Sciences, Engineering, Statistics or Mathematics.
- 0-2 years of experience in data science, data analytics, or a similar field with mathematical/statistical focus is required.
- Strong research, statistical, analytical, processing, and mathematical skills with ability to structure and conduct analysis required.
- Knowledge of statistical areas such as ANOVA, multiple regression, timeseries modeling, principal component analyses, decision trees, clustering, Random Forest, Gradient boosting, neural networks, such as RNN/CNN, Hidden Markov, NLP, SVM, Bayesian techniques, etc. is desired.
- Master’s degree desired but not required.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) are required, as this position will be tasked with “telling the story” using data driven presentations.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Our company motto is “Fulfilling Life” and we take that job seriously, with a heavy commitment to volunteering and community support, employee well-being, and providing quality products and services that help our customers create a brighter future.
- Being a mutual-based organization, the return on our investment goes back into the company, to benefit our members/customers.
- We’re committed to professional development, opportunity, inclusion and diversity. Team building and collaboration are also priorities.
- A total rewards package with all the comprehensive health and welfare benefits you’d expect, including competitive pay and incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and time off to care for yourself and others.
- Additional popular benefits, including tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment, an incentivized well-being program, adoption assistance, paid time off for volunteering, training, and career development opportunities.
Ameritas has a reputation as a company that cares, and because everyone should feel safe bringing their authentic, whole self to work, we’re committed to an inclusive culture and diverse workplace, enriched by our individual differences. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that hires based on qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic, regardless of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.