Senior Generative AI Research Engineer
Are you looking for career move that will allow to take a strategic project zero to one? Then bring you experience in software engineering to Citi and seize the opportunity to explore machine learning and its real-world applications at scale.
We are Citi’s ICG Technology Strategy team, a startup with the exciting mission of shaping the direction of travel for Citi’s Institutional Clients Group. We are a team of talented engineers, product managers and tech SMEs, taking ambiguous concepts and making them real by engineering cutting edge products at planetary scale!
We are solely focused on the most modern technology and engineering disciplines such as generative AI, cloud, security, modern app stacks (with Golang, Gatekeeper), open source and the latest and greatest in the Kubernetes ecosystem.
You will be joining us right at the beginning of our journey. We are seeking experienced research engineers who thrive in a results-driven environment, passionate about machine learning and generative AI and who (just like us!) love pair programming.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to both, engineering and research
- Take a product-focused approach and build solutions that are robust, scalable, and easy to use
- Work in a fast-paced environment tackling cutting-edge problems by constantly testing and learning
- Pair programming for our products, be lean in your approach and remove bureaucracy where you see it
- Deliver fast, iterating and pivot as you go, rather than defining the perfect solution upfront
What we’ll need from you:
- Have experience supporting fast-paced startup engineering teams
- Understanding of language models and transformers
- Have used LangChain and even contributed to the project.
- Experience designing control and sandboxing systems for AI research
- Pytorch or TensorFlow experience
- Experience maintaining and/or contributing to bug bounty and responsible disclosure programs
- Rich understanding of vector stores and search algorithms
- Large-scale ETL development
- Direct engineering experience of high performance, large-scale ML systems
- Deep hands on knowledge of Kubernetes, developing backend platforms and engineering APIs that scale
- Hands on MLOps experience, with an appreciation of the end-to-end CI/CD process
- As Generative AI is a relatively new and growing space, as a result, we ask that you share with us a specific AI engineering projects on LLMs that you’re proud of in your application. Ideally these projects should show off complex and clever architectures or a systematic evaluation of an LLM’s behavior.
What we’ll provide you
This is a unique role that will put you in the position to be part of a new venture and actively drive change. Every day there will be new challenges that will help you develop new skills that can drive your career.
By joining Citi London, you will not only be part of a business casual workplace with a hybrid working model (up to 2 days working at home per week), but also receive a competitive base salary (which is annually reviewed), and enjoy a whole host of additional benefits:
Alongside these benefits Citi is committed to ensuring our workplace is where everyone feels comfortable coming to work as their whole self, every day. We want the best talent around the world to be energized to join us, motivated to stay and empowered to thrive.
If you are actively contributing to opensource, always thinking out of the box tooling, using and standardizing with methods of creating APIs , ML/Ops automation and more then apply today.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting