The energy industry is undergoing the largest transformation since industrialisation at an unprecedented rate of change and we are positioning ourselves to be at the heart of that change.
Our aim is to be the leading global provider of solutions that enable customers to release £30bn of value per annum from distributed energy resources (DERs). We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business with a global addressable market of £2.4 billion per annum, by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of DERs with energy markets.
We have already attained a market leading position and KrakenFlex is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the industry. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
This role will be part of our Grid Intelligence teamWhat You'll Do
What You'll Need
- Design, implement, and test innovative power systems algorithms to solve challenges of electrical distribution grids
- Lead, develop, and test power system algorithms for custom projects
- Write technical requirement and specification documents for product development
- Implementation of the core algorithm in Network Intelligence product
- PhD or master’s in electrical power systems engineering, with at least 3-5 years of industry work experience
- Excellent knowledge of power distribution grids
- Very good knowledge of signal processing techniques in power systems
- Expert in fault management technologies and algorithms in distribution grids
- Expert of programming in Python – other languages can be a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Autonomous, rigorous, structured, and methodical
- Passionate to work with new technologies and develop innovative solutions
- Experience in agile software development
Ideally you will be based in the Greater Manchester and happy to come into the office a couple of days per week! But we appreciate that things have changed and flexibility is at the top of everyone's agenda, so if you would rather be remote please let us know.If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.