Our client is seeking an experienced Data Scientist who want to work on projects across the UK public and Defence sectors. This is based as a hybrid role working out of their Guildford office, Surrey.
Working either individually or - more usually - as part of a larger team, you will undertake assignments such as:
- Creating genuinely useful data outcomes to help deliver client goals in major business transformation programmes;
- Hands-on analytics, including working with clients, users and other team members to address data availability and quality issues before they become blockers;
- Carrying out ‘pre-discovery’ to establish which business problems, or which parts of business problems, are best addressed through data analytics / data science;
- Translating business problems into data exploitation queries;
- Specifying data analytics and data science environments;
- Understanding data flows, i.e., which parts of the organization generate data, which require data to function, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition;
- Collaborating and coordinating with multiple departments, stakeholders, partners, and external vendors.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Coding eg expertise in Python or R;
- Collaborative, team-based development;
- Cloud analytics platforms eg relevant AWS and Azure platform services;
- Data visualisation tools eg Power BI, Qlik Sense;
- Data science approaches and tooling eg Hadoop, Spark;
- Data engineering approaches;
- Database management, eg MySQL, Postgress;
- Government Digital Service approaches, ie the Government Service Design Manual and the Service Standard;
- Software development methods and techniques eg Agile methods such as SCRUM;
- Software change management, notably familiarity with git;
- Public sector best practice guidance, eg ITIL, OGC toolkit.
They often work in integrated teams with clients and the successful candidate Ideally have strong consulting and stakeholder management skills. They must be customer-focused and willing to travel within the UK on business.
Candidates must be eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance to apply for this position.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear IT Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful