We’re looking for a talented Unity game developer to join our team on a variety of cross-platform projects, to see them through from concept to delivery and beyond.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who has published a game (it could be your own) to both Apple and Google Play app stores – including the optimisation of both assets and code. Experience with multiplayer technologies is a major boost.
Ideally you will have at least one year of commercial experience but if you’re a super talented graduate or self taught with a passion for game production and attention to detail, then we’re interested to hear from you. You MUST provide a CV with examples of your work.
Key requirements for the role:
- At least 2 years experience in Unity games development
- At least one high quality, shipped title
- Excellent C# and C++ programming skills
- Experience optimising a Unity game for mobile devices
- Passionate about games, with an understanding of game-play mechanics
- Experience with using third party plugins and code, and knowing when to use them
- Able to define task requirements and deliver to deadlines
- Positive and self-motivated with good communication skills
These would be nice, too:
- A degree in software engineering
- In-depth knowledge of 3D maths
- Experience with setting up and maintaining AWS hosting environments
- Experience with Heroic Labs’ Nakama or Satori platforms
- Experience in writing Obj-C/Java plugins for Unity
- Knowledge of AI techniques
- Familiarity with source control software
- Knowledge of general digital media asset production
- Experience with Spine animation tools
- Experience with HTML5 and WebGL programming
- Experience with Roblox development
We offer competitive salary based on experience, private dental care, generous & flexible holiday terms, a cycle to work scheme, free eye tests and a no-crunch policy.
If you’re interested in applying, please send your CV with links to some of your best work, to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have salary expectations please let us know when applying.
This is a full-time role that could be worked remotely or as a hybrid from our London studio in a fantastic location near Tower Bridge, or contracted if outside the UK.
Absolutely, positively, no agencies please. We are not looking to use recruiters or agencies at this time. If we did need agencies, rest assured we’d call.
Playerthree is an independent game studio based near Tower Bridge, SE1 established in 2001. We work on a variety of high profile cross-platform work-for-hire projects and our own IP. We develop in primarily in HTML5 and Unity for mobile & desktop devices. We have an excellent client base including Disney, Cartoon Network & the BBC as well as many educational and technology clients.