Founded in 2012, ByteDance's mission is to inspire creativity and enrich life. With a suite of more than a dozen products, including TikTok, Helo, and Resso, as well as platforms specific to the China market, including Toutiao, Douyin, and Xigua, ByteDance has made it easier and more fun for people to connect with, consume, and create content.
Why Join Us
Creation is the core of ByteDance's purpose. Our products are built to help imaginations thrive. This is doubly true of the teams that make our innovations possible.
Together, we inspire creativity and enrich life - a mission we aim towards achieving every day.
To us, every challenge, no matter how ambiguous, is an opportunity; to learn, to innovate, and to grow as one team. Status quo? Never. Courage? Always.
At ByteDance, we create together and grow together. That's how we drive impact - for ourselves, our company, and the users we serve.
What You'll Do
The AML Machine Learning System team combines system engineering and machine learning to develop and operate massively distributed machine learning training, inference systems and services around the world. You'll have the opportunity to build and enrich your expertise in coding, performance analysis and large system management, and get heavily involved in the process of hardware/capacity decision-making.
In the engineering team, you'll have the opportunity to build the large scale heterogeneous system integrating with GPU/RDMA/Storage and keep it running stable and reliable, enrich your expertise in coding, performance analysis and distributed system, be involved in the process of hardware/capacity decision-making.
Successful candidates must be able to commit to one of the following start dates below:
- January 15, 2024
- February 5, 2024
- March 4, 2024
- May 20, 2024
- June 10, 2024
- July 15, 2024
- August 12, 2024
We will prioritize candidates who are able to commit to these start dates. Please state your availability and graduation date clearly in your resume.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply early.
Candidates can apply for a maximum of TWO positions and will be considered for jobs in the order you applied for. The application limit is applicable to ByteDance and its affiliates' jobs globally.Responsibilities
- Build large scale systems for machine learning integrating with GPU, RDMA network and storage system for LLM/AIGC/CV/NLP/Speech scenarios
- Develop and maintain the machine learning platform and services, including offline training, online inference, model management, and resource orchestration, etc.
- Manage a huge number of GPU resources and provide computing power efficiently
- Graduate with a background in Software Development, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C/C++, Golang, Python;
- Strong software programming capabilities, exhibits good code design and coding style;
- Good communication, self-motivation, engineering practice, documentation, etc.
- Good collaborator and team player, comfortable working in a fast moving, culturally diverse and globally distributed team environment.
- Agile, quick self learner, highly self-motivated with a strong sense of product ownership and creative problem solver.
- Experience contributing to large scale systems, multi-tenant systems including architecture, reliability and scaling;
- Experience contributing to GPU architecture, GPU cluster;
- Familiar with Kubernetes and container technology;
- Familiar with front-end and back-end technologies, such as Django / Flask / NodeJS / React, etc.
ByteDance is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At ByteDance, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
ByteDance Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at email@example.com
【For Pay Transparency】Compensation Description (annually)
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $112200 - $147000 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
Our Company Benefits Are Designed To Convey Company Culture And Values, To Create An Efficient And Inspiring Work Environment, And To Support Our Employees To Give Their Best In Both Work And Life. We Offer The Following Benefits To Eligible Employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off (PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.