Do you have a passion for innovation, software, and automation? Can you communicate confidently and clearly to people of all levels and back grounds? If that sounds like you, we want to meet you. At Spectrum Digital we’re experts in intelligent automation. We help organisations and people, automate the mundane processes, so they can concentrate their time and effort on adding real value.
We believe that our solutions should not only achieve the goal of cost-saving and timesaving for our customers. A big focus across our team, for ourselves and the customer is ensuring our solutions are easy to use and provide a great experience. Helping us build partnerships with our customers for long-term successful relationships.
About the role
We are looking to recruit an Apprentice Automation Engineer to play a key part in delivering our digital solutions within a growing multi-functional team. Our Automation Engineers deliver software solutions which bring together several software products related to Information Management, Business Process Management, RPA (Robotic Process Automation), and Intelligent Capture.
The role of the Automation Engineer is to configure the software solutions to the specification provided by our customers and our inhouse Business Process Consultants. To apply your skills and knowledge to provide the most effective solution possible that meets the functional and business requirements. Work with other members of the digital team to diagnose problems and issues, providing swift and supportable solutions.
As part of your role, you will work in a cross-functional Scrum team and will be required to ensure that progress and blockers are reported quickly and effectively, guaranteeing delivery timelines are met. You will also be required to communicate with customers to deliver the configured solution, this includes liaising with IT teams and providers, training customers on their solution and assisting with UAT (user acceptance testing) and go-live activities.
- Review and refine customer requirements set out by the Product Owner / presales consultants.
- Design, configure, test and document solutions based on the functional and business requirements.
- Ensure delivered solutions meet the ‘standards’ set out by the team and utilise common functionalities to increase supportability.
- Work with external data sources and LOB (line of business; ERPs, Finance Systems, CRM systems, etc.) to create one-way or two-way integrations. i.e. utilising data from existing systems to avoid duplicate entry, and in some instances ‘pushing’ data back into such systems.
- Provide technical support and assistance to other implementers and members of our support team.
- Take part in reviews and retrospectives to improve the overall delivery flow within the team.
Skills & abilities
- Good experience of reviewing customer/stakeholder requirements and being able to design a solution based on these.
- Strong communication skills, and confident with communicating with external stakeholders.
- Experience with common database platforms such as Microsoft SQL Server
- SQL query writing, including complex joins, aggregates, etc Installation (preferred)
- General understanding of how to avoid performance issues.
- An understanding of installing software applications.
- Experience with the Windows Server operating system and configuring of features.
- Proven technical and analytical skills.
- An understanding of mechanisms for system-to-system integration
- An understanding of project management methodologies such as PRINCE2, Scrum / Agile, etc.
What success looks like
- Successfully complete reviews of configuration with the Product Owner, meeting the defined acceptance criteria.
- Meet the agreed timelines for completion of work decided by yourself and the implementation team.
- Gather feedback from internal and external project stakeholders and iterate our solutions based on that feedback.
- Ability to handle challenges you may face throughout the delivery of solutions effectively and efficiently.
- Work towards becoming self-sufficient at delivering certain types of solutions within the team.
Why you will love this role.....
We have a team culture with a keen focus on personal growth and development, allowing every member of the team to provide feedback on pushing the boundaries, looking for new ways to deliver great solutions to our customers and improve the way we do this. This is a great opportunity to learn real business skills on implementing software solutions, gaining great mentorship from technical experts in the field of business process automation.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Remuneration
- Health & Dental Plans
- Birthday Day Off
- State of the art Offices
- Learning and Development Programmes, with the opportunity to progress your career through focused training, mentoring and coaching
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Benefits
- Volunteer Days
- Staff Social Events
Spectrum is an award-winning managed service technology business with almost 40 years’ experience and a track record of helping organisations make significant savings in time and money by introducing highly-efficient, automated business management and print processes.
We have a fantastic culture here, we do things differently and we do them well. Whilst we work hard, we also play hard and ensure that as a team, we enjoy what we do.
Located on Bridgehead Business Park on the outskirts of Hull, our multi-million-pound offices are located close to the Humber Bridge and A63/M62 corridor, allowing for easy access from local areas.
If you’re interested, please submit a CV and covering letter, but please add a little bit extra to give us a better insight into you. Above all, please tell us why you you'd be great at this job.
Spectrum is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We recruit and reward based on capability and performance — regardless of, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, lifestyle, race, educational background, national origin, physical ability, gender identity/expression or religion. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent & drive and encourage open communication and collaboration.
Job Types: Permanent, Apprenticeship, Full-time
Work Location: In person