WHAT WE NEED
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Performance & Reliability Engineering team to further establish quality and reliability excellence within our products.
The team focuses on our high-performance stream processing engine and storage solution that operates at scale. Enabling Real-Time business event processing to meet the most demanding customer needs.
Day to day, you’ll be leveraging your solid engineering fundamentals with a focus on testing and verification, bringing your passion for solving difficult problems to help realize the product vision. Ensuring our fully featured clients and APIs for concurrent data stream ingesting, querying, and processing at scale, are as performant and reliable as can be.
- Work on exciting open-source projects that push the boundaries of distributed computing.
- Create tests to identify software problems
- Analyze bugs and errors found during tests
- Identify and report issues found, then verify that issues are resolved
- Act as a focal point for quality issues to ensure all required actions are identified, defined, owned and completed.
- Communicate with project stakeholders regarding test status, priorities and work plans
- Recommend improvements in software to enhance customer experience
- Review and contribute to requirements, specifications and technical design documents, identify missing acceptance criteria and edge cases
- Develop detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Provide user perspective of testing, focusing on both functional and non-functional test scenarios.
- Motivate the development process for efficiency and performance
- Extensive experience in software development and testing
- Experience of Java development - 2 Years hands on
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices, version-control procedures, and defect management processes
- Knowledge of following are desirable:
- Formal Testing Practices
- Performance Benchmarking
- CI/CD (Github Actions, Jenkins)
- Experience with Linux and Bash
- Experience with Docker and Maven
- Experience with Distributed Data Stores (MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Hadoop)
- Experience with Messaging Systems (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, Pulsar)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Great team player
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study (Computer Science, or related discipline). OR equivalent experience.
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays
- Group Company Pension Plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
The world's largest leading companies trust Hazelcast and its unified real-time data platform to take instant action on streaming data. With a stream processing engine and fast data store integrated into a single solution, businesses can simplify real-time architectures for next-gen applications and AI/ML departments to drive new revenue, mitigate risk, and operate efficiently - at a low TCO.
To learn more about Hazelcast, or to join our community of CXOs, architects, and developers at brands such as HSBC, JPMorgan Chase, Volvo, New York Life, Domino's, and others, visit hazelcast.com
Equal Opportunities at Hazelcast
We promote an environment for our staff that welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, races, religions, gender, sexual identities, abilities, and personal circumstances, in a spirit of inclusivity and belonging.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, and believe we find our strength in our diversity. If you require any accommodation to assist you in the interview process, please submit this with your application.
We offer competitive salaries with a flexible, empathetic and highly collaborative working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of a career with a forward-thinking tech company, we'd love to hear from you.