Are you looking for a way to reinvent the way the world learns? Do you want to establish best practices in analytics on a modern data stack? Are you excited about being a key part of a growing data team? Up Learn may be the right place for you. You will be laying Up Learn’s foundations for scale and contributing to a data team that is helping to tackle one of the society’s most meaningful problems: education.
At Up Learn we use AI and cognitive science to ensure every student can achieve an A* regardless of their background. We guarantee students academic success, or their money back. Our goal is to get the 1.5 billion young people (3 billion by 2030) in education around the world to always be learning the core curriculum successfully and in the shortest possible time.
Since launching in 2016 we’ve helped over 80,000 students, delivered over 10,000 scholarships to disadvantaged students, and achieved a 4.9* rating on Trustpilot. We’re a profitable start-up that has raised over £3m from exceptional investors including VC Forward Partners, the Chairman of Virgin, the Former Chairman and President of American Express, and the Branson family, to improve and expand our product, and create our next wave of A Level and GCSE courses, expanding our reach to millions of new students every year.
We are operating in a multi-trillion dollar market with the opportunity to change the lives of millions and eventually billions of people every year. As we scale, our goal is to deliver the world’s best learning experience, make Up Learn one of the best places to work in the world, and ultimately enhance the life of every human on the planet.
Our data stack
Our data stack is built on the following tools:
- Google Cloud Platform for all of our analytics infrastructure
- dbt and BigQuery for our data modelling and warehousing
- Python for data science and analysis
- gitlab for version control and CI/CD
- Jitsu for our web event tracking
- Metabase and Google DataStudio for BI/dashboards
What you’ll do in the first 12 months
- Collaborate with Product Managers and stakeholders to gain insights into customer behaviour and provide actionable recommendations
- Create Business Intelligence tools including reports and visualisations to enable users across the organisation to derive insight from our data
- Conduct detailed analyses and build models to reveal trends and support data-driven strategic decisions
- Work alongside the engineering team to define the data requirements of our application
- Engage with cross-functional teams such as marketing, sales, finance, and product to address their analytics needs and offer support
- Monitor KPIs and business performance metrics to identify areas for improvement and assess the effectiveness of implemented strategies
- Present data insights and concepts clearly to a non-technical audience
- Work with our Analytics Engineers to develop our data pipeline and create sustainable data models
- Foster a data-driven culture and support data literacy throughout the organisation
You should have:
- Excellent SQL knowledge with strong hands-on data analysis and modelling skills
- An analytical and outcome-oriented mindset for interpreting complex data and converting it into actionable insights to guide strategic decisions
- Strong attention to detail in order to highlight and address edge cases and data quality issues
- Great time management and proactive problem-solving abilities in order to meet deadlines
- Strong communication and data presentation skills through the use of effective data visualisation and BI tools, e.g. Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc
You should be:
- Self-motivated, responsible and technology-driven individual who performs well both independently and as a team member
- Excited about learning - enthusiastic to try learn something new, and then apply it
- Effective at building strong, influential relationships with colleagues and partners, with demonstrated success in delivering impactful insight and analytics to stakeholders
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful stake in the company’s growth and success (equity share options)
- A fun, friendly, high-calibre team that trusts you and supports you to do your best work
- Opportunity to work remote full time and meet the rest of the company annually if working remotely
- If working from London, an excellent working environment in our spacious and bright private office in Old Street, with delicious coffee, selection of teas and unlimited snacks and drinks
- Regular team events, flexible working hours, and a strong culture of work-life balance
- A range of additional benefits such as employer matched pension, level 6 (highest level) dental insurance, and an unlimited budget for books or software you need
- We offer 26 days of bookable paid holiday, plus UK bank holidays, plus unlimited ‘extra days’ - that’s a minimum of 34 days per year!
How to apply
If this sounds like it’s for you, we can’t wait to hear from you!
- Send us your CV & tell us in 150 words why you’d be great for this role
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us ahead of applying at email@example.com