Full time, 3 days a week together out of either our London, Belfast or Birmingham Digital Hubs (flexible 2 days remote wherever).
Why this Job Matters?
At BT, we know there is untapped potential/value in the vast amount of data available to us. It is fair to say that we’ve some of the richest and most exciting data in the UK about customers, products and services, network operations, processes and the list goes on. As we look to unleash the power of data for reactive and proactive insights and interventions, we are looking for astute and collaborative people that will help us in this journey safely and radically.
We are looking for applied data scientists that can deliver end-to-end ML solutions to production to optimise network operations and solve business problems for corporate units like HR, Finance etc., by leveraging the power of data. You’ll also have ample opportunities to collaborate with AI COE, Applied Research and Business units to take your solution from initiation to live so they can generate real value.
The Digital unit has big growth ambitions centred on building personal, simple and brilliant propositions that are underpinned by data and AI. We can offer you myriad of opportunities to learn and develop, experience a range of careers and expand your network.
What I'll be doing – your accountabilities?
Capabilities required for the job
- Develop AI/Data Science Solutions – data, analytics and models – for humungous and complex tabular, semi-structured and textual data
- Provide technical leadership through all phases of data science life cycle – analysis, modelling, productionisation in GCP and post production support
- Adhere to relevant frameworks and regulations to ensure safe development of AI/Data Science applications
- Support business case development, tendering, budgeting and forecasting processes when required
- Manage, coach and mentor other AI and DS specialists.
- Create storyboards and deliver presentations to senior management/stakeholders
Must have skills/experience:
- Way beyond toy datasets – Developed models with millions of records and taken pride in seeing your solution in production
- Proven ability to write well-engineered code (e.g. Python, SQL)
- Applied data science skills – Skilled in applying statistical techniques and linear/non-linear methods to infer patterns from real world data and doesn’t merely rely on packages as a black box to do machine learning.
- Hands-on experience in applying Data Science approaches (e.g. clustering, regression, web or app analytics), developing and shaping AI algorithms and models (e.g. NLP, reinforcement learning, deep learning) in commercial settings to meet customer needs.
- Experience in leading, managing and/or coaching others – is strongly preferred
- Direct experience of using Data Science/AI platforms and tools (such as Google Vertex AI, AWS Sagemaker, or Azure ML Studio, PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, Sci-kit Learn, Data Studio, Looker and Qlik).
- Graduate and/or postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Maths, Statistics, ML, AI, Computer Science but not exclusively) or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication – ability to listen and articulate ideas to a range of global audiences, describe requirements with various teams to get things done and comprehensively present designs/solutions.
- Comfortable in working in collaborative and multitasking work environment – across multiple projects with colleagues and stakeholders at various levels, with little or no supervision and a win-win attitude
- Flexibility and agility – in learning and applying new skills in a short span of time.
25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
10% on target bonus
Direct share scheme
Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan or other benefits such as dental insurance, gym memberships etc.
50% off EE mobile pay monthly or SIM only plans
Exclusive colleague discounts on our latest and greatest BT broadband packages
BT TV with TNT Sports and NOW Entertainment
50% discount for friends and family on EE SIM Only plans & airtime element off a Flex Pay pla
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and Portfolio, to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
A FEW POINTS TO NOTE:
Although these roles are listed as full-time, if you’re a job share partnership, work reduced hours, or any other way of working flexibly, please still get in touch.
DON'T MEET EVERY SINGLE REQUIREMENT?
Studies have shown that women and people who are disabled, LGBTQ+, neurodiverse or from ethnic minority backgrounds are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification and criteria. We're committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace where everyone can be their best, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every requirement on the Job Description, please apply anyway - you may just be the right candidate for this or other roles in our wider team.