Come and change the world of AI with the Kumo team!
The creation of the data warehouse emerged to solve the analytics problem of large amounts of data. Now, we’ve moved from megabytes to gigabytes to terabytes of data storage with no end in sight and companies invest millions of dollars to store and organize that data and only leverage a fraction of it for machine learning.
With Kumo, we are building the first data platform to seamlessly allow machine learning over data warehouses for faster, simpler, and smarter predictions to combat data waste and maximize data value. Query the future with Kumo.
As a Forward Deployed Data Scientist,
you will partner with customers to discover, design, develop, and deploy solutions using Kumo’s technology. Ideal candidates have a strategic and analytical aptitude, software engineering expertise, and strong interpersonal skills.The Value you will Add:
- Educate current Kumo users on how to successfully use our product, best practices, etc. so that they increase usage across a larger number of internal workloads
- Be a Kumo platform superuser - understand the product’s ins & outs to solve customer problems
- Generate Kumo platform educational materials for users and customers
- Partner closely with our ML team to help drive customer success during the full customer lifecycle
- Coach customers on how to maximize Kumo for their specific use cases with datasets. Helping customers with their business needs and internally collaborating with sales, engineering, and product teams in the end-to-end process from ingesting their first datasets to successful POC contract signing
- Create broader processes for each customer to go through to ensure we can drive repeatable successes for each contract
- Develop methodologies to be shared with customers to help them understand the value delivered by Kumo to their organizations and explain this value to their internal stakeholders
- Partner with our product and engineering team to relay and reconcile customer feedback, including uncovering causes of data and model accuracy issues, debugging backend issues, surfacing feature gaps, etc.
- Increase awareness/interest in our Kumo platform amongst analyst-focused external communities/ecosystems, and drive our bottoms-up adoption which may include content generation/demos/webinars/follow-up with users' questions, etc.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience working with external customers in deploying new AI/ML PoCs into production for customers
- Experience supporting the sales lifecycle
- Where you were working in a consulting, forward-deployed engineer, customer solution where the AI/ML tools used are horizontal platforms
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience helping customers resolve issues and working with engineering to test and deploy fixes to customers.
- Knowledge of common analyst tools such as SQL-based Data Warehouses, DBT, BI tools such as Tableau, Looker
- Familiarity with key predictive ML, ML Ops, etc. concepts, ideally from formal bachelor/graduate training
- Self-starter, motivative who can demonstrate the ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions for external clients
- Persuasive communication–the ability to present, speak, and demo well to customer stakeholders and convince them to partner with Kumo!
- Experience with SaaS product development for enterprise customers
- Competitive Salaries
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.