The Game Studio is building an incubation-style R&D team chartered to lead our investments in building new kinds of games not previously possible, leveraging emerging technologies related to game designs and architectures in order to support our game creators. This team will incubate and prototype concepts with the intent to eventually build a complete team to ship something new that could change the games industry and reach player audiences in new ways, as well as influencing adoption of technologies and tooling that are likely to level up our practices.
We are looking for an experienced AI/ML Research Engineer with a strong track record of developing and delivering algorithmic solutions to collaborate very closely with the Games Studio and its creators, including a Technical Games Director, on experimenting and developing novel game concepts. While focusing on the R&D Tech Lab with the Games Studio, this scientist will be embedded in the Studio Media Algorithms team, which is at the forefront of algorithmic innovation to enhance and support the creation of Netflix’s entertainment content including games.In This Role, You Will
- Work closely as part of a core R&D team including games technical directors and designers to conceptualize a broad range of ideas for novel and engaging games
- Design and prototype and implement, and evaluate algorithmic solutions for to take ideas to
- Work cross-functionally with partners from games studio, engineers, scientists, and product leaders, to help identify and prioritize opportunities and problem requirements
- Define metrics and conduct experiments to evaluate the algorithms in the production systems, in collaboration with our partner teams
- Applied research experience with a successful track record of delivering quality results or academic publications in top ML venues
- Expertise in designing and training deep learning (DL) architectures and experience with DL frameworks such as Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Strong breadth and depth across ML/DL, with hands-on experience with in one or more of: Reinforcement Learning (RL), Large Language Models (LLMs), Robotics, Computer Vision and Graphics (including Generative Algorithms)
- Deep mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods and optimization
- Strong software engineering and programming skills, and ability to quickly develop working prototypes from the research ideas
- High comfort with technical complexity and ambiguity, an interest to pioneer, and track record of developing deep technical expertise in new/adjacent areas
- Exceptional communication, cross discipline collaboration and leadership skills
- Passion for making video games, and how technology enables joy in innovative ways
- Experience in game development
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $300,000 - $900,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.