Editorial Operations Associate
StoryTerrace is a fast growing, London headquartered consumer-tech scale-up with 30+ employees and a pool of over 600 vetted freelancers in Europe and the United States. Our vision is to create a world in which every life story is captured in a meaningful way.
Our core service turns life stories into books using our proprietary technology platform and a global network of ghostwriters. We are the leader in this emerging new product category.
As Editorial Operations Associate, you'll be part of the engine room of our central editorial operations helping US and UK frontline teams deliver a portfolio of 600 projects and growing. Under the direction of our Editorial Operations Manager, you'll focus on generating the operational capability we need to capture an expanding number of life stories across a range of meaningful products. We are looking for an organised and hands-on professional with a commercial mindset and a passion for operations who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The right person will help us speed up delivery to our clients, improve quality, and reduce costs via continuous process improvements and effective supplier management.
Role responsibilities include
- Support of all aspects of data reporting, including infrastructure setup, manual gathering of data / internal training as needed, troubleshooting and data visualisation.
- Oversee and manage our CRM, Hubspot, proactively keeping the platform up to date with changes resulting from process improvements or other business initiatives.
- Look for ways to reduce editorial time spent on administrative tasks as well as improve customer experience via oversight of this project management tool and automated customer touchpoints.
- Recruit, manage and train awesome interviewing and writing talents in line with production volume and standards to ensure editorial quality remains high and bookmaking schedules remain on track.
- Support collaborative improvement projects working closely with the Editorial Operations team, the Editorial Director, country team managers and other functional leaders on the best way to reduce our cost base, increase global productivity and improve customer satisfaction.
- Experience with data management and data reporting. You seek out data to frame problems and measure success.
- Confidence with Google sheets (or excel) is a must.
- Ability to navigate structural change in a fast-paced environment while executing and producing results.
- A brilliant communicator, able to manage external webinars or internal training sessions.
- A natural problem solver with a solution-oriented approach and a laser-focus on producing results and driving business outcomes.
- A passion for technology including the adoption of AI and automation into processes.
- You are tenacious, persistent and hands-on, can prioritise and get things done.
- Experience with CRMs preferred.
- Freelancer recruitment experience preferred.
- Experience in managing editorial content production is a plus.
- Salary range £30,500 - £33,000 DOE
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Pension (4% + 4%)
- London based hybrid role with flexibility around working hours. Our office days are Tuesdays and Thursdays with weekly team lunches.
- Unlimited access to 121s with certified psychologists and plenty of mental health resources, in partnership with OpenUp.
This is an exciting role requiring operational and commercial acumen. Come and join our ambitious plans and create your own career story at StoryTerrace!
At StoryTerrace we value empathy, collaboration, trust, innovation and we are purpose driven. We value diversity and we encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries as we are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
If you are excited about this opportunity and feel intrigued by our values, then we would like to get to know you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,500.00-£33,000.00 per year
- Bereavement leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Enhanced paternity leave
- Gym membership
- Health & wellbeing programme
- On-site gym
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in London, E1 7QA