Arm's Central Engineering Machine Learning Group is seeking highly motivated and creative Software Engineers to join a cross-site and multi-culture Machine Learning (ML) software team.
This role presents an excellent opportunity to contribute to ground breaking Machine Learning technology. You will help build the software that enables development of deep learning applications in smart devices, home automation, self-driving cars and many other areas.
Remember, whenever computing happens, Arm is there. You truly will have a chance to leave your mark on the future of AI, and what empowers it.
Are you excited by this challenge or do you have the desire and skills to forge new technology in a ground breaking domain? If so, come talk to us, we'd love to hear from you.
You will be working on developing open source and proprietary software tools to help developers at getting the best performance out of their AI/ML applications on Arm hardware: CPUs, GPUs and neural network accelerators. This includes contributing in design and implementation of new neural network optimization software as well as engaging with the existing open source Machine Learning tools and frameworks.
You will collaborate with other teams across Arm to deliver software enabling our partners to develop their next generation applications. You will play an active role in achieving our goal to make life of Machine Learning developers easier.
More than anything else, you must be driven to learn new techniques and develop new technologies. Given the impact and reach of this field, you'll have opportunities to share this knowledge with other specialists across the company.
You should be able to demonstrate all of the following:
- Strong programming expertise
- Understanding of the software lifecycle and agile development process
- Understanding of how to test software and design for robust test automation
- Genuine passion for software development and quality
- Capable of working independently, or in small groups.
- High degree of initiative and a validated problem solver.
- Proficient in English language, both written and spoken.
- Good communicator and able to work and communicate at both detailed and high level.
Ideally, you also have strong skills or experience with some of:
- Python programming
- C++ programming
- Linux, Bash and Docker
- Machine Learning frameworks: Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, ONNX, Jax etc
- Machine Learning workflows, from designing and choosing neural network architectures to deploying, validating and testing the optimized neural networks in production environment
- Able to lead others' work on large or more sophisticated tasks
You will get to influence the direction of our developer tools, learn about the latest neural network acceleration technologies and influence how Machine Learning applications are optimized and run on millions of devices for years to come. You will work with an outstanding team of hard-working and knowledgeable people, build your technical leadership and influencing skills and become a recognised expert within the existing team. Arm provides a rich Machine Learning roadmap in different domains and allows you to experience the demands from diverse use cases.
All Arm employees are provided with vital training to succeed in their respective roles. As well as a friendly and high-performance working environment, Arm offers a competitive benefits package including private medical insurance, sabbatical, supplementary pension, and wellness benefits. We are offering a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.