A bit about us
We’re an IT and business advisory consultancy with a focus on forging long-term partnerships and delivering to businesses across the UK and beyond. Offering a range of technical services to a variety of sectors, including higher education, social housing, manufacturing and more.
Our clients come from all walks of life, with different backgrounds, experiences, talents, skills and goals - just like our people.
At Waterstons, there is no limit to what you can achieve! We're committed to your growth, offering mentorship, continuous learning opportunities, and a supportive community that thrives on your success. We have an unlimited training budget designed for your professional development ready for you to use from day one, along with a development programme to get you where you want to be! Your Waterstons journey will be filled with meaningful experiences, impactful projects, and the chance to shape your own future.
We have a question for you: Are you looking for a job? Or do you want a career in which you can make a difference, where people are put first, where collaboration, empowerment and innovation are encouraged.
A bit about you
We like to think our culture is our greatest source of strength. We are building a team and business with a shared set of values and our clients tell us they can feel the difference.
We’re looking for those who are hungry for a challenge, those keen and willing to learn new things, to develop and adapt. We’re looking for curious souls and those excited by the prospect of solving intricate client problems. If you're eager to roll up your sleeves, tackle challenges head-on, and help bring about positive change, this is the role for you.
We work in a collaborative environment where diverse perspectives come together to spark innovation. Your ideas won't just be heard – they'll be celebrated and nurtured.
About the Role
This is an exciting time to join us in the Data & Analytics team at Waterstons, we’re growing quickly and delivering cutting-edge solutions to help our customers maximise the potential of their data. We pride ourselves on building trusted partnerships with everyone we work with. From day one you will be involved in challenging and varied work that has a real impact on our clients across a range of industries. You’ll work in a range of technologies including Azure, Databricks, Spark, Python and Power BI.
- Data Analyst: As a Data Analyst you’ll be working closely with our clients to understand what makes them tick, you’ll use this to visualise data and provide the insights that drive their businesses forward. You may also support our customer’s own analysts sharing your knowledge of data visualisation
- Data Engineer: As a Data Engineer you’ll be working to build robust data pipelines using cutting-edge tools like Databricks to make sense of ever growing datasets. Providing our Data Analysts with high quality datasets and supporting our customer’s own Analysts and Engineers
- Data Scientist: As a Data Scientist you’ll be working to extract more value from data using cutting-edge techniques in Artificial Intelligence, you will also help to support our customer’s data science teams providing guidance around MLOps and productionising machine learning and AI models.
Don’t just take our word for it – check out our career stories!
This role will be based at our Durham office.
The Waterstons Perks
We offer careers, not jobs and it’s up to you where your career with Waterstons takes you. All employees are given a career development plan with L&D opportunities.
Some of our amazing benefits include:
- Unlimited holidays (they really are unlimited!)
- Flexible and remote working
- Gym and retail discounts
- Private medical insurance
- Encourage you to look at CSR – check out what we are already doing: Social responsibility | Waterstons
And many more! See for yourself: Careers | Waterstons
- The deadline for applications is 8 December 2023
- Successful candidates will then be invited to book an Assessment Day at our Durham office.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.